Help!! My beardie isn't eating and he throw up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Truthfully I personally do not like repticapret because its a pain in the butt to keep clean but it is safe to use and some people do like it.I use non adhesive shelf liner and slate tile in my tanks(1/2 and 1/2).I find its very easy to keep clean.Just to give you an idea here is a pic of Phoenix's home:
IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

This was he first tank before she grew out of it
IMG_0198.jpg

This is Apohis's he has more shelf liner because he is "special needs" had a bad start to his life and has suffered the side efects of MBD:
IMG_0197.jpg

Djliggett1

Original Poster
well i just got home from work and my beardie pooped during the day and ate all of the crickets and some of his greens that were in there this morning.... wen i got home he ate bout 9 crickets then i guess he was full.... hes just as active as he was wen we first brought him home... thanx for everyones help.... hopefully he'll stay healthy.... how much is non adheasive shelf liner? once he gets bigger im going to build a better terrarium rather then buy a 700 dollar 60 gallon tank.... does anyone know the deminsions for an appropriate size tank for an adult?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Optimal size for an adult dragon is 4'x2'x2'. You can check craigslist for big tanks and vivs, all of mine are in big tanks (min 3'x1.5') and I've never paid more than $50.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Yes the best size is 4x2x2 but a 40 breeder is the minimum requirement for an adult beardie.As for shelf liner you can get it at walmart for about 3.00-5.00$.Its inexpensive and last a while but the best part is when it gets too icky just throw it out and cut another pice off the roll.As for the tile,that tile you saw in Phoenix's tank was 2 for 1$ at home depot and you never have to throw that out so for about 12-18$ you could tile the whole thing and never have to worry about it again.Craigslist is the best place to get a decent tank without too much money.I just got that whole setup stand,tank and hood for 50$ last week but if you dont find what your looking for post a want add every few days and you will be suprised at how many responses you get.I had a few to choose from in one day.

I am very happy to hear he is eating just make sure to keep an eye on those temps and watch the MVB distance and hopefully he will continue to improve.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Djliggett1":71584 said:
The bulb is no closer then 12 inches to any part of his basking area. And the 96 was in a 20 min period.
Actually, 20 min isn't long enough to wait. You have to make sure that the temp has finished climbing and that can take about 45 min to an hr. What are the basking & cool side temps after that timeframe? If the temps still don't seem right, it would be a good idea to invest in a new digital thermometer with probe or a temperature gun. So, the bulb is no closer than 12 inches to him? That's good.
Djliggett1":71584 said:
well i just got home from work and my beardie pooped during the day and ate all of the crickets and some of his greens that were in there this morning.... wen i got home he ate bout 9 crickets then i guess he was full.... hes just as active as he was wen we first brought him home... thanx for everyones help.... hopefully he'll stay healthy.... how much is non adheasive shelf liner? once he gets bigger im going to build a better terrarium rather then buy a 700 dollar 60 gallon tank.... does anyone know the deminsions for an appropriate size tank for an adult?
Great that he ate his crickets today then about 9 more AND had a poop waiting for you. Having the bulb so close to him before had to be making him uncomfortable, sounds like you're getting things on the right track now. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom