HELP !!! my bearded skin is raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah0226

My bearded is only 6 months old but has never had a shedding problem like this. His skin is just building on top of the previous layer and not falling off and his stomach is all yellow he's been like this for almost 3 weeks. But his demeanor has not changed he has regular bowels and eats and runs around still. I don't know what to do.

The pictures of him on the bed are from last night all the others are from 3 weeks ago when I first noticed it.
82625-8535631001.jpg
82625-6406802446.jpg
82625-5103346673.jpg
82625-383218518.jpg
82625-6564642694.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Poor guy. It looks like it's possibly fungal maybe yellow fungus. I'd take him to the vet and have them test it to be sure. Don't give him baths if it is fungal it'll spread. You can try antifungal cream. Hope he gets better.

Rah0226

Original Poster
I have an appointment scheduled for the 6th, he's skin isn't gooey or blackened yet just not falling off, I'm hoping if it is yellow fungus I've caught it I time. Is it bad to give him any ointments not knowing what it could be.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
I wouldn't do anything but the antifungal cream just to be safe I'd be afaid of making it worse. Make sure if you use loose subtrate to just use paper towels so the sand does not get in the open skin parts and make it worse. Is he housed with another dragon? Also if he does have yellow fungus it's very contagious so you'll need to disinfect his whole tank and anything he basks on.

Rah0226

Original Poster
He isn't on sand, just a green mat, which I have already removed and I've cleaned and disinfected everything g in the tank for now just to be safe. He is my first and only reptile so there are no other reptiles that I need to worry about (thank goodness), What topical ointment do you recommend ?

Rah0226

Original Poster
He's still eating crickets and drinking but is now beginning to walk funny, hind right leg looks swollen or inflamed. This has progressed all since this morning. Should I be worried that he won't make it until monday when the vet appointment is?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
I'm sorry he's worse. I'd pm Drache613. She is a mod on here that is very knowledgeable about beardies. Hope he gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom