Help! My Bearded Dragon Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Mrkngpen":1apxcnnk said:
I don't know the physics behind the laser temp guns but trust me, they are accurate. Many people on the site use them.

Also, keep in mind that no matter what UVB tube bulb you use, they need to be replaced every six months. So, most likely you need to get a new one soon. The reptisun 10.0 can usually not be found in local stores, only online.
The laser temp gun is great. I usually am a couple of inches above the surface being tested.
and
I found my reptisun 10.0 at Petco. Go figure!

Suzanne

HuberNS92

Original Poster
suzjohnson":17urapca said:
Mrkngpen":17urapca said:
I don't know the physics behind the laser temp guns but trust me, they are accurate. Many people on the site use them.

Also, keep in mind that no matter what UVB tube bulb you use, they need to be replaced every six months. So, most likely you need to get a new one soon. The reptisun 10.0 can usually not be found in local stores, only online.
The laser temp gun is great. I usually am a couple of inches above the surface being tested.
and

Suzanne

Does it tell you how far away you have to be? And does it have to be a surface

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
HuberNS92":h6b24ocb said:
suzjohnson":h6b24ocb said:
Mrkngpen":h6b24ocb said:

and

Suzanne

Does it tell you how far away you have to be? And does it have to be a surface

Well, if you tape a thermometer sensor probe on the top of your basking rock, you are reading the temperature at that spot, which is what you do with the temp gun. Sad to say, I don't remember the precise verbiage but, as close as practical, feels about right. If I take a reading at one inch above the center of the basking rock, then withdraw six inches, it looses 1 degee +-, another six inches, another degree. So if you know what the variance is for the distance you choose, you're good to go.

Suzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom