Help moving with my bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aajvell93

I have Zeus who I think may be about 9 or 10 months old. I have had him for about 6 months now. I am being relocated for work about 2 hours away from here. How I imagine the move will go is we will load up EVERYTHING aside from my beardie and leopard gecko. We will take everything to the new place, unload and get it situated. I figured the less stuff going on around them when we move them in the better. Then come back and load them up that way when they arrive we can get them inside quickly and back in their enclosures. I plan to keep Zeus in the small car carrier I have and put some towel in with him. My car has good heat so he will stay pretty warm the whole drive. Is there anything else I should do to minimize the amount of stress for him? Once we are settled in how long should he acclimate before handling him again? How long should I give him before getting him into a vet? I read that it's a good idea to have them checked after a move.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it sounds like you have a good plan. Just see how Zeus settles in, handle him as he seems comfortable with it. No need to rush to a vet, the idea is to FIND a vet that you can consult if any problems arise or for a check up after your dragon is settled in, you'll already have one in mind ready for when needed. Be sure that it's a vet that has experience with reptiles, esp. beardies. You should have no trouble transporting him, I've driven many dragons, including babies to many locations.

Aajvell93

Original Poster
AHBD":1tkbsraj said:
Hi there....it sounds like you have a good plan. Just see how Zeus settles in, handle him as he seems comfortable with it. No need to rush to a vet, the idea is to FIND a vet that you can consult if any problems arise or for a check up after your dragon is settled in, you'll already have one in mind ready for when needed. Be sure that it's a vet that has experience with reptiles, esp. beardies. You should have no trouble transporting him, I've driven many dragons, including babies to many locations.

Oh yeah I was looking into some vets last night. I have three options and two of them had really good reviews, even a few from people who have taken their beardies in. I just worry because he does get scared easy. For example he is perfectly fine going out on my screened in patio, sometime if I leave the door open on nice days he will run out there himself. I just got his new harness a couple weeks ago and we finally had a nice sunny day of 71. So I took him with me just to go check the mail and he was very stressed. By the time I got him it was already too cold to take him anywhere so I haven't got to work on that with him yet. Plus he should go for a check up anyways, I didn't take him when I got him (bad daddy I know) he just never gave me a reason to think he needed it. He settled in easy and ate right away (other than being a picky little booger) and has always been very active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom