help me pick a good dome and light!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
Currently I have a aluminum dome and a 100 watt bulb from walmart for heating the basking spot. I would like a ceramic dome so that I know it is safer. What would you recommend, both dome and light, for a 40-gallon breeder?

Thanks!

Jess

Extreme Poster
This is the kind I have:

SZMLF12.jpg

They work great, and theyre around $10 I think. I have 3 that I got used at thrift stores/garage sales, for less than $3/each. (Yeah, Im cheap LOL!)
Im using a 50 watt halogen right now, but I think Ill need a 75 watt for the winter. Dudley only likes his basking spot at 95*F though, so since you have a baby you would probably need a higher wattage.

spyderk

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So it appears that the first suggestion won't just sit on the screen, but the 2nd will? Right now I do both clipped onto the tank w/o a screen on or place directly on the screen. I don't know what I'd like ... really I'd like an open tank w/no screen but I know that won't work as Puff gets bigger.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
spyderk":1so6tok4 said:
So it appears that the first suggestion won't just sit on the screen, but the 2nd will? Right now I do both clipped onto the tank w/o a screen on or place directly on the screen. I don't know what I'd like ... really I'd like an open tank w/no screen but I know that won't work as Puff gets bigger.
I would use a screen, as I do. The deep dome sits right on the screen as can the clamp dome but, the deep dome can hold larger bulbs and still sit on the screen. I use the other ones already suggested for my night lights and mini deep domes for added lights (for heating purposes or just adding more light to the enclosure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom