Help Me Improve My Dragon Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAYQUAZAAA

Hello everyone,

I just got my first bearded dragon about a month ago and of course, I probably made a bunch of mistakes after being improperly educated by the people of Pet'sMart.

I have learned a lot of information on this site, and when I get paid this Thursday I'd like to finish this setup and build it CORRECTLY for my little guy.

This is how it is currently:

beardie.jpg

I have a repti glo 5.0 right next to the red basking lamp as seen in the picture. After joining this forum I realize the repti glo lights are trash so I plan on buying a reptisun 10.0.

I see this from pet mountain: http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/11442-504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10-0-uvb-bulb.html

My question though, is should I buy this one? Or go to amazon and buy the one that says "fluorescent." I don't mind spending some extra cash if it'll be better for my little guy.

Next, I'm reading mixed things about the infrared basking lamp. Some people say they're bad for the beardie's eyes so I'd like to swap that out if that's the case.

I read the lighting thread, but can someone please post up a link of a good bulb they would buy for my beardie's basking spot? I was looking online at Walmart, Home Depot and Lowe's and I'm a bit overwhelmed as to what is best because the price ranges are all over the place. If someone could post a link on a basking light to buy that would be great!

I will be ordering a probe thermometer with everything as well so I can get the temps right!

I currently sprinkle repti-cal in the little glass bowl you see and put the crickets in there so they run all in the calcium before my dragon eats them. I also use this bowl so they don't escape and have the ability to bite him at night.

I am a n00b at this, I fully accept that so please feel free to tell me everything and anything that will make my dragon's life better.

Thanks!

RuselBro

Juvie Member
The Link you posted is the Correct Bulb. A ReptiSun 10.0 Tube Bulb. It need's to run 1/2 to 2.3 the Length of your tank and it need's to be mounted inside as the screen filter's out 50% of the UVB, and beardies need full access to the UVB.
You can go to Walmart and Buy a Fixture for the Reptisun 20.0 Bulb, the Fixture at Walmart is $8. Once you get the Fixture, take off the plastic cover, take out the bulb, throw them away and put your Reptisun 10.0 in.
You need to buy 3M Command Hook's at Walmart as well, the fixture has hole's in the back of it, so the 3M command hook's will stick to the tank, then sit the fixture on the hook's.
Depending on the Size Enclosure you have, will help with the Wattage of the Heat Bulb you need to get. It can be a Halogen Flood/Spot Light from Walmart, or a Normal Clear Household Bulb from Walmart.

RAYQUAZAAA

Original Poster
Thanks for the help,

I just ordered a 24" reptisun 10.0 from pet mountain, also got a thermometer with probe, reptile multivitamin, and some juvenile dragon food.

Can't wait for everything to come in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom