help me I think my beardie is dying/merged threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, it is sad that you were given the wrong info, sorry that happened but hopefully you found this forum in time so that we can help you and your husband get on the right track.

Be sure to keep him very well hydrated with baths 2 to 3 times a day as well as oral fluids as explained. You mentioned that you're using a 100 watt blue (that produces white light) and a red basking bulb, do you know the wattage of the red one? Also, what are the dimensions of the tank? It's critical that you get a good thermometer, either a temperature gun or a digital with probe end right away because if the tank temps are too hot, it will cause dehydration even though you are bathing him. And, if the temps are too cold, it won't allow proper digestion, pooping, etc which will cause all sorts of other problems.

You also need to get a UVB light because it doesn't sound like you've been using one at all. If you live in the U.S. you can get a Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent at this site for a very reasonable price: http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html But, if you want links to the 2 best mercury vapor bulbs that give off both heat and UV rays, let us know as the MVB's are superior than the Repti-Sun. When do you think you can get a thermometer and the UVB?

It's good that he's starting to move around a little but he has a long way to go. If you could take him to a vet, they probably would give a calcium injection & possibly even vitamin injections to give him a boost. Would you be able to take him to a reptile vet? Is there one in your area?

CLucas976

Original Poster
I want to first thank you all again for your help with my beardie, Balinor. By 8:50pm sunday night before I went to work I saw progress. I spoke with my husband and explained the problems with what we had been feeding balinor and probably gave him too much of a child-like scolding.

the only issue I've had so far is that he bites the spoon viciously the same way he goes after his lettuce, and we purchased him some collard greens, gave them to him, and he looked at them, glared at us and ran to the other side of his tank. So I'm not sure how we're going to convince him to eat them but, I'll do what I can. I took some pictures so you could see the improvement just from the baby food/baths alone.

DSCN0241.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

My camera does not like taking pictures of him for some reason, so excuse the quality and poor light, its the bes I could pull off.

Rachella

Juvie Member
I was lurking in the other thread. He does seem a bit more perkier than he did before, so that's a wonderful thing and a good sign! :blob5: Keep up the good work! He's really gonna need to gain some weight, he looks so thin, the poor guy. :( Keep it up with the collard greens, even if he doesn't like them at first. He'll learn eventually. :p

Also, you might wanna update in your original thread so people who are watching it will be able to see the update better. :) It's a lot easier to just follow the original thread rather than search through all the others for an update, y'know?

Again, good job, I'm cheering for you guys. You got a lot of wonderful advice from some of the most experienced folks here on the community so like all state, you're in good hands! (And now I get sued xD)

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Oh, thank goodness! I hadn't seen your other thread updated, so I thought your beardie had died. I so glad he looks so much better! Keep him gaining weight, and he'll be back on track in no time! Keep us updated!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I merged the two threads together so that it makes it easier for the people that were following your original thread. This way they are all in one place along with the before and after pictures.

I do see noticeable improvements, that's great. You've made some wonderful changes and it is paying off already. :p His eyes definitely look brighter. He still has a ways to go but you're doing a great job. :wink: Thanks for the update.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I buy malibu the organic spring mix n a bag or plastic tupperware deal it in the veggie dept at most grocery stores,it has mustard greens collard beet carrots n lots of other goodies.It runs about $2.69 a bag n i put a paper towel in the bag n it last sometimes 2 weeks its alot easier then getting all green seperately.
Gald to see improvements in your beardies health.

barbi1655

One of my guys isn't great about eating his salads. I found the trick though. :) If I dribble some baby food squash on it, he gobbles it right up. He loves his squash. :)

Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom