Help Lot of QUESTIONS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
Hi all, I hope that someone can help me. I was given a gravid female and her male counterpart last night. I was told by the guy that yesterday morning she laid a dozen eggs but he threw them away. (This is why he brought them to the pet store because he didn't want to have to deal with them anymore because they were breeding.... :banghead: :banghead: Um duh isn't that what normally happens when a male & female live together in the same cage). The male and female were housed together for the last year and a half in some pretty crappy conditions. (Living in a cage outside with no UVB getting 5 mealworms a day each). I now have them seperated in their own homes. My questions are regarding the female and more eggs to come. I think I know what to do for a lay box and I know the signs to watch for. I'm fattening her up as much as possible before she lays more eggs. I'm going to get an incubator on Monday for when it does happen.

So my questions are when will she likely lay eggs again? She is still looking "egg fatty" but I can't really feel any.

Anything else special I should do for her? I'm feeding her as much as I can and giving her lots of calcium & she's got a MVB right now.

Anything else anyone can tell me would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
She could lay eggs in as early as three weeks. They can do multiple clutches back to back to back all 3 weeks apart.

Anything else you can be doing for her. Give her a bath or two. She may be a little dehydrated. It is a good thing that you are feeding her better but, if she is dehydrated she isn't gonig to be able to move it through her system. Judging by the fact that she just laid eggs she is probably a little dehydrated.

I would up her calcium intake for the next couple of weeks in case she is going to lay another clutch.

Ernie

Krisymof2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks I was really worried about getting an incubator fast, but I'm glad to know that I have some time before I HAVE to get one.

The first thing I did when I got them home was put them in the bath because they stunk!! I knew from there previous home that they had to be dehydrated, never had a water bowl or got a bath. The two of them drank water for like 10 mins straight, it made me want to cry. When I showed that to my husband he knew I was right in bringing them home. Then the girl, whom we have named Cookie, swam around forever, she was in there for a half hour, and got really upset with me when I took her out!

Thanks again!

garybiff

hi there,poor little mite. our female, fiona has had 4 clutches of eggs so far, the first 3 being each 4 weeks apart and the the fourth about 5 weeks later. the first clutch have now hatched and we got 100% success, 30 out of 30 and the second clutch is ready to hatch anytime now. if you need any more help just ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom