Help, losing weight? Poop/vomit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needing more assistance!! First: I lost my password and I no longer has access to the old email for recovery so I created a new account! Stripe went to the vet. No parasites. He kept him overnight. He has had more weight loss. Vet said he was constipated even thought he poops almost daily. He pooped a very large amount at the vet with little to no urates. Vet force fed a few dubias. Sent him home with Bene Back meds for 15 days, critical care 10ml a day and a bath every day. So for 2 weeks after his visit he has been force fed the meds and Critical care. He was OVER IT. His appetite has increased eating 5-6 dubias a day so I stopped Critical care and feed only dubias and mustard greens. But he isn't increasing his weight much. Still poops everyday. He ate 13 roaches Friday! But on Saturday seems to have vomited some up. (Or had a poop that was just undigested dubais?) He is starting to lose energy again and his weight dropped to 292g. I'm going to call the vet again tomorrow. I replaced his heat lamp bulb to a 150, removed his hammock and his basking spot is 100. He never sits up there though. He almost always lays on the tank floor where it is 85. I bought the reflector background that was suggested. I don't know whats wrong with our little guy!
108184-9754032776.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is your tank in the pic the same set up? I would move that UVB directly over him-- is it a T 8- ? Or a T 5? If he has undigested dubias that tells me basking temps are not high enough or he ate too fast--- are you taking basking temps w/ a digital probe? There is hardly any decor in the tank- I would get some more decor options for him to sit on one that would allow more options for a gradient heat-- one that would allow sitting laying or standing against- it sounds like he was dehydrated and if he's pooping how can he be constipated?
Karrie

Oh noo, sorry about your little guy and I hope he gets better! My beardie had some of the same issues and she passed away about a week ago. :( I didnt take her to the vet fast enough so it is good that he has been there. I dont know anything about blood cells, but keep taking him to the vet!!

Same set up but I added the reflective backing. UVB is t-8. This website told me to mount it on the back wall inside the tank. Are you suggesting put it on top the screen or its directly above him? I have the digital probe that is in the tank in the picture. It is laying on the highest basking spot but like I mentioned, He rarely ever sits on it. I told the vet that he poops 5-6 times a week and he said he can still be constipated even with pooping like that. He drinks water in each bath so I would be surprised if he is dehydrated? But does no urates mean dehydration? Since we've been back hes had some urates back in his poop.

melodylynn25":3sf7zdaz said:
Oh noo, sorry about your little guy and I hope he gets better! My beardie had some of the same issues and she passed away about a week ago. :( I didnt take her to the vet fast enough so it is good that he has been there. I dont know anything about blood cells, but keep taking him to the vet!!

Oh my gosh I am so sorry!!

KarrieRee":p457rx6p said:
Is your tank in the pic the same set up? I would move that UVB directly over him-- is it a T 8- ? Or a T 5? If he has undigested dubias that tells me basking temps are not high enough or he ate too fast--- are you taking basking temps w/ a digital probe? There is hardly any decor in the tank- I would get some more decor options for him to sit on one that would allow more options for a gradient heat-- one that would allow sitting laying or standing against- it sounds like he was dehydrated and if he's pooping how can he be constipated?
Karrie

Also I forgot to mention, he did have a hammock in the tank as well that he laid in all the time but on page one of this post I was advised to remove it or lower it since he was too close to the t8. So he does look bare in his tank now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So basking piece is 8-10 inches? Something must be off in the tank or there is some underlying issue-- the vet is a reptile vet? I don't get how he can be constipated w/ him pooping- but the dehydration I can see- we need Tracie to give input on this- she is on at night
Karrie

KarrieRee":3g87xncp said:
So basking piece is 8-10 inches? Something must be off in the tank or there is some underlying issue-- the vet is a reptile vet? I don't get how he can be constipated w/ him pooping- but the dehydration I can see- we need Tracie to give input on this- she is on at night
Karrie

Yes! I agree as well. I replaced the T8 in August. The vet is Jeff Warwa in Cincinnati and is highly recommended around here. He is a reptile vet. Has beardies in the office.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your T 8 should of been replaced in Feb but I would recommend a month earlier --- I would replace that bulb ASAP- that could be the cause -T 8' s need to be replaced every 6 months --
Karrie

KarrieRee":3mpi3pq9 said:
Your T 8 should of been replaced in Feb but I would recommend a month earlier --- I would replace that bulb ASAP- that could be the cause -T 8' s need to be replaced every 6 months --
Karrie

Ok I will replace the T8 this week!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry that Stripe is not doing well. :( Have you had a blood test done ? If not it would be good to see what his liver + kidney function is as well as glucose. Try hydrating him by very slowly dripping water on his snout. Hydration is really important if he's passing so much stool and/or possibly vomiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom