Help Izzy is acting different

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrevik

My bearded dragon has been acting different lately. She has just shedded, infact there is still areas of loose skin on her. She appears to be darker than usual. Her last stoole was Monday and seemed soft (it did not hold its shape like it normally does). She did show some agression for the first time when I put a harness on her Sunday night (she does not like her harness). Now she wants to sleep all of the time. I did take her back to school with me on Monday (I am a teacher and she has gone back and forth to school with me everyday since I got her in September and has been fine with it) for the first time since Christmas break. When I brought her home Monday and put her in her tank she just sat there and stared straight ahead for about ten minutes and then she dug all of the substrate out of a conner of her tank and slept there curled up until the next day. I took her from the bottom of her tank and put her on her log. She will eat meal worms if I hand feed her. Could this be stress related? I bought her as a baby about 5-6 inches long on September 1, 2008.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm not sure about the agressive behavior. Mealworms arnt that great for beardies. Their hard skin can cuase digestive problems. Can you answer some of these questions that will help us know more about how she lives? Transporting her everyday seems pretty stressful. Answer the questions about the tank she stays in the most.

How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

cbrevik

Original Poster
How old is your dragon? I bought it as a baby on Sept. 1, 2008
How long have you had your dragon? 3-4 months
How long is your dragon? about 10"
What is the sex of your dragon? Not sure but from what I have read I think it is a female
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 20 gallon now, but I am setting up a 70 gal this weekend
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? calci-sand
Do you use UVB lights? yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? 20w flourescent tube
How old is your UVB bulb? new
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 3-5 inches
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? yes, 60w incandescent
What are the basking temps? 80-90
What is the cool side temp? 70-80
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? stick on
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? ends
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. was feeding crickets until I was advised about pin worms. Now I feed meal worms (can-o-worms) and zoo med Natural juvenile bearded dragon food w/ added vitamins and minerals.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? I was told by the pet shop to keep food in the tank at all times.
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? when I feeding her crickets they were.
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? yes see above under what I feed her.
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? not in the last couple of days.
Do you bath your dragon? How often? I haven't (i'n new to this)
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? I mist her
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? no, I don't have a vet near me. The closest vet is 2hours from me.

Izzy got down from her log tonight and ate several worms. After eating she went and curled up in the corner. Her eyes looked better today and she seemed a little more active.
Thanks for your quick reply.

cbrevik

Original Poster
IZZY POOPED TODAY!!! She seems 100% better. She is very respondent and is a whole lot more active tonight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom