HELP!!IS THIS AN ORGAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon named Sylvester has been going through MBD ever since I got him as a rescue from a family that never took care of him. He has all the right lighting and temp controls in the husbandry. I have been trying my best to care for him and get him back to being healthy. But recently I have been finding him upside-down. This is due to his limited movement but I think it's something far worse. I bathed him today and it took a longer time than usual to defecate..he had a really hard time when it happened and something came out of him that looks like an organ. What do I do?? Is this an organ??

101195-2747710650.jpg
101195-6527372864.jpg
101195-3439284410.jpg

The texture is rock solid??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, no that is definitely not an organ. Beardies will have odd looking poos at times, especially if they are not well. It sounds like you're taking good care of Sylvester, good thing he has a caring owner now. :) What are you feeding him ? Can you post pics of him as well as his set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

With limited mobility it's best to keep all basking areas low to the ground, you can even use a rolled up towel that does not snag his nails. If it does snag his nails then of course just go with a low piece of wood that is big enough for his whole body.

He'll need good calcium,reptile vitamins + uvb, that is all do-able if you have the right products. Here's a website by a beardie expert where you can get liquid calcium and vitamins as well.

http://www.bugdelite.com

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I'm pretty sure it's a male beardie's Sperm plug. It happens to my male beardie Loki all the time during breeding season and your beardie should be fine. :)

I'm sorry he has MBD. :( I'd do the care things AHBD suggested. You do seem to be taking care of your special needs beardie well. :D

DeniabeUser

Original Poster
AHBD":1keu6wji said:
Hi there, no that is definitely not an organ. Beardies will have odd looking poos at times, especially if they are not well. It sounds like you're taking good care of Sylvester, good thing he has a caring owner now. :) What are you feeding him ? Can you post pics of him as well as his set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

With limited mobility it's best to keep all basking areas low to the ground, you can even use a rolled up towel that does not snag his nails. If it does snag his nails then of course just go with a low piece of wood that is big enough for his whole body.

He'll need good calcium,reptile vitamins + uvb, that is all do-able if you have the right products. Here's a website by a beardie expert where you can get liquid calcium and vitamins as well.

http://www.bugdelite.com

Thank you so much for the information! Sylvester seems to be acting normal. I currently have the basking lamps half a foot from where he can bask without flipping himself over. I also have UVB lighting for him as well. I do not have any hybrid bulbs because I want to ensure he's getting all he needs. He is getting a diet with calcium supps as well. Again, thank you so much this helps a lot!

DeniabeUser

Original Poster
HippieLizards":2znddof9 said:
Hello,

I'm pretty sure it's a male beardie's Sperm plug. It happens to my male beardie Loki all the time during breeding season and your beardie should be fine. :)

I'm sorry he has MBD. :( I'd do the care things AHBD suggested. You do seem to be taking care of your special needs beardie well. :D

I was thinking that as well but I didn't know for sure. Thank you for your help :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is definitely a sperm plug & not an organ. :D
Which UVB light are you using for him now? Do post pictures of him along with his setup
so we can see how he looks & the lighting placement of everything, etc.

Tracie

DeniabeUser

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3ohm0q3q said:
Are you working with a vet to deal with his other health issues ?

I was for a while but the treatments he was doing was stuff I could do myself. He wasn't being helpful and it was beginning to get expensive. All he did was cover him in calcium and give me cherry water for MBD induced impactions. He did however "pump him up" with something that had vitamins he needed. I've been looking for exotic vets in my area but I can't find any :( so I'm relying on the forums and beardie sites to help me.

DeniabeUser

Original Poster
Drache613":3a450yy1 said:
Hello,

That is definitely a sperm plug & not an organ. :D
Which UVB light are you using for him now? Do post pictures of him along with his setup
so we can see how he looks & the lighting placement of everything, etc.

Tracie

Thank you so much for your help! I will post pics of his setup later tonight.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome! How are things coming along today?
Let us know how he is doing & be sure to review your setup with us
also.

Tracie

DeniabeUser

Original Poster
Drache613":1ivx4v99 said:
Hello,

You are welcome! How are things coming along today?
Let us know how he is doing & be sure to review your setup with us
also.

Tracie

Everything is seeming like it's back to normal. Sylvester has been eating good and has passed healthy stool since this thread was created. One of my bulbs went out yesterday so I had to get a new one :/ but yes I should have his setup on here by tomorrow for sure. I haven't found him Sylvester upside down yet so that is very good. I've been feeding him an MBD diet which told me to up the calcium and greens and stay away from mealworms. This is something that I actually want to confirm on here. What is a good MBD diet for a beardie that is about 1 1/2 years old that has moderate MBD in the spine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom