Help Interpreting Fecal Test Results - RIP Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Yep, it is a long thread LOL! He has been busy worrying me quite a lot!!! He was in good health from July '10 until July this year tho- so it's not all about him being ill (thankfully!)

are there any pics of your little one on here? I would like to take a peek at them!

callum84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His colouring and the pattern on his back is almost identical. Ill upload a few photos tomorow evening and let you see. What morph is he? I've not been able to find any other similar dragons when I was trying to find out what Harry was.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Kazi is just a pet store beardie. I traced his breeder and his parents from what I remember were normals. He shows some lovely yellows and oranges tho.

callum84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok heres where Im at.
Had a delay I'n getting meds from vet, just back from picking up a prescription which was Nystatin with a note to administer 0.18ml once daily and that Septrin for coccidiosis will be ready to collect tomorow.

So looks like I'm treating the coccidia and yeast at same time, does that sound right?

I've also ordered avipro plus and critical care.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Avi pro is a pain- I found it a nightmare to administer. If you can, get acidophiliz from www.butterworms.co.uk (I'm assuming you are UK?)

are you sure it wasn't sulphatrim?
Dependant on the frequency of it, you *can* use it at the same time. So let us know the instructions for that.

What weight is your little guy? That seems a very small dose of nystatin?

callum84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's just under 200g. We got him 2 months ago when he was 60g so he's been gaining steadily.
Yeah in scotland so I'll order that up today and keep the avipro on standby, I should really have asked before I bought that but oh well.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Ahh I think septrin is the same thing lol- so many names for one med! Gets confusing!

That nystatin dosing is fine then - I thought it was low because I was treating a 700g beardie with it LOL- silly me!

callum84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Butterworms.co.uk is currently out of stock of Acidophiliz, not having much luck finding it elsewhere. Any ideas?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Oh dear.... you could just use the avipro then although it really isnt great and there is a LOT of waste with it. Kazi point plank refuses to take it whereas he will happily take his full dose of acidophiliz.

TBH, I usually order from across the pond - takes about a week to get here though but works out at roughly £8 - £9 with postage which I think is a pretty good deal!

I usually get it from www.bug-de-lite.com (it is owned by Tracie, one of the moderators here) but you need to fill in the contact form first to ensure that she can post it to you and to ask her how to order since they dont have the option to ship to this side of the pond and she will need to confirm the shipping cost and the best way for you to pay it (it usually just involves adding something extra to your basket to cover the shipping cost - make sure to include your postcode in the email so she can work it out for you).

callum84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for link, ive sent an email via contact form.

Heres a pic of Harry
2z6uwqd.jpg

callum84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He finished shedding yesterday and is back to his usual 2 boxes of locusts a day lol. I didn't want to start treatment until he calmed down a bit as the shedding really stresses him.
I now have both meds from the vet which are nystatin @ 0.18ml once daily and Septrin @ 0.15ml once daily.

Should I give him the nystatin course first and then Septrin? Couldn't get a hold of vet to ask but I'm sure she would need to seek advice anyway. The Septrin looks like a longer course than the nystatin.

callum84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh and i contacted tracie and have some acidophiliz on way soon. I'n mean time I've been mixing 100ml of avipro for his water dish and giving some with dropper. A lot of waste.

MissT

BD.org Addict
How long is he on the septrin for?

Coccidia can cause yeasts to flare up so, I think the septrin should be used first.

Great that you have the acidophiliz on the way. Isnt it awful how much of the avipro ends up going down the drain?? Make sure you get some of it into him orally too!

OOOh I spotted you on reptileforums.co.uk - I saw you sent the fecal to pinmoore - thats the lab I use - they are super quick with getting results back to you and they are pretty accurate in their testing - the lab my vet uses doesnt identify specific parasites so I generally send my own off to confirm his results! Or, I send mine off and forget about his lab :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom