HELP ILL Bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

onil182

Hi! I have a juvenile bearded dragon weights only about 30grams, he used to be very active but since about two weeks ago he stopped eating, I have been force feeding him small amounts of food so he doesn't die. I'm not sure what he has but he aint eating, his poop is weird looking there is no difference between the urate and the rest of the poop.
he was pooping fine about a month ago but I started realizing food was coming out undigested,if he ate a cricket I could se perfectly the cricket in the poop, then two weeks ago he had a weird evacuation were the poop didn't have urate and had white spots (looked like small eggs) and since then he stopped eating and pooping small amounts, he is very lethargic, moves around only to get away from the basking bulb and then doesn't move all day with the head down, if I try to give him food, force feeding him, he opens his mouth and eats the food fine but then spends the day without moving until he poops like if he was suffering digesting. his belly feels kind of full he doesn't look skinny. He was given panacur four days ago, nothing came out. what do you guys think it could be? Parasites? a chronic disease? please help

full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Parasites are a possibility. Treatment varies depending on the parasite. Is it possible for you to have a sample tested to determine which parasite you may be up against?

Lighting can also have an effect on digestion and health. What are you using for UVB light? How far is it from the basking area? What are the temperatures across the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom