Help! I think my male ATE my BABY

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
BECAUSE ITS A CUTE LITTLE GECKO...crickets don't have minds to know thier dying and they die instantly...imagine how the gecko feels being chewed...

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
zillathakilla":2nhs3gjx said:
They do eat smaller lizards why would feeding him a gecko be so bad?

wild animals do a lot of things that aren't good for them. Many wouldn't hesitate to eat rotted and spoiled food, and even stuff that's toxic or inedible like plastic, rubber and metal. One of the many reasons why wild animals don't live as long as captive ones.

They are insectivorous, eating small lizards is probably more of a territorial response than food drive.

Scooter109

Original Poster
saddly i cant get Grim to a vet :(. I can affod the visit but not the exrays. I did get ahold of one vet who would just answer a few questions and he said that he thinks Grim will be fine just to keep soaking him and that his body should brake down the little lizard. I have been soaking him a lot! and im going to try a little oil to losen him up. He is not moving a lot but serves him right to have a tummy ace.

i agree why would it be so bad to feed a Gecko to a BD ? But then again i think it would proberly be like feeding a BD to a iguana. which isn't funny :x but i think people can do what they want with there pets aslong as its not crewl. nm an....... i do think you baby BD got eaten :? sorry

Livey

Extreme Poster
knightofroses":3jwlq61k said:
i agree why would it be so bad to feed a Gecko to a BD ? But then again i think it would proberly be like feeding a BD to a iguana. which isn't funny :x but i think people can do what they want with there pets aslong as its not crewl. nm an....... i do think you baby BD got eaten :? sorry

Well you just answered your on question.
Its just like feeding a BD a pinky, there not good at all, and massively oversized
Especially if your a herp owner, i own geckos and Beardies so i find it massively cruel.

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Obviously i wouldn't feed a beardie a lizard from outside,i wouldn't feed him a bought one either i was just say digestively it can't be that bad, hopefully grim toughs through it and passes it without problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom