Help! House being sprayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm panicking. Landlord just called and informed me they were spraying the house for bugs tomorrow before the new tennants move in.

I live in sort of a duplex, a big ranch house that has been divided into two house.

They are spraying the main side for bugs tomorrow and want to know if I want my side sprayed.

I have a cat, an adult bearded dragon and a tank of feeder crickets.

Would it be safe for me to have them spray my side of the house? Would it be safe if they just sprayed the other side. Should I take the pets for a long car ride tomorrow?

Yikes it is too hot outside to stay in the car for long. I guess I could set the tank up in the detached garage (no electricity) for awhile.

Not sure what to do and need advice. I'm not finding much with web searches and I do not know what company is going to spray?

Advice please.

Be well,
Katie

Tonja

BD.org Addict
If the other home is being sprayed and its attached to your home <duplex> there are several things to consider. If there are bugs in the other side they will seek refuge in the walls and eventually your house also smells can permeate your home also through duct work if its shared ductwork. Then you have to let it all air out so the smells don't irritate your animals. This usually takes anywhere from 4 hours depending on what they use, to a full 24 hours to get it aired out. If you move him to the detached garage you can run extension cords from the house to the garage so he gets his lights and UVB if that's possible. Or you can rent a generator if you don't have one and use it for his lights and UVB. He would need to be out there at the very minimum of 24 hours so your home can air out. That's the best advice I can give you. Maybe someone else can chime in and give you some more advice.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that you should approach this situation with caution. Do you have another place you could bring the setup for a while (feeder tank included)? A friend or relative nearby perhaps? If not, the detached garage with extension cord or rented generator might be the best idea for at least 24 hours as Tonja suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom