Help heat emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry’s light burnt out today while I was cleaning his tank, we went to a local pet shop to buy a new bulb but that one burnt out as well. We suspect the dome and connector are the issue and will be replacing them tomorrow but we need to keep him warm.

Currently we’re using a hot water bottle with his fleece blanket wrapped around it, he’s sitting on top and is vibrant yellow ( which usually means he’s in a good mood) he black beards whenever we take it away to refill it with warm water. Is this okay to keep him warm for the night? I hate to leave him in the tank all night although California winter isn’t so bad it still gets around 56farenheit in our area which I feel is way colder than he can handle without heat lamp or basking light.

Also any good recommendations for a heat lamp that won’t keep him up all night?

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
What kind of electric heaters do you have in the house, if any? If the water bottle and blanket are keeping him warm then that's as good as anything you're going to get at the moment, by the sounds of it. Unless you have a halogen light of strong enough wattage that you can substitute.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If he's an adult or bigger than 200g , and it stays warmer than 21 degC overnight in the room where the viv is, he'll be fine without overnight heating, and OK for a few days without a basking globe.
An adult or subadult will cope fine with overnight temperatures warmer than 10 degC.

If he's a little beardie (a hatchling or a juvenile , best to keep him warmer than 26 degC overnight, and he'll need warm to digest his food during the day ( at least 34-35 degC). A hatchling/juvenile will be too cold if it's temperature falls under 16 degC.

A heatpad sandwiched between 2 tiles will keep him warm.

ThiccShady

Original Poster
Thanks so much, we don’t have any electric heaters so we kept him on the heat pad and he slept in bed with me as well, needless to say he’s a happy boy this morning.

Thank you so much yes he’s an adult about 5 years old and 18 inches so knowing he can handle the cold is such a relief since the lights we ordered won’t arrive until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom