Help for a Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
I have just been given an 8 month old rescue. He has most of his nails missing from his front feet and part of toes not formed. He's 12.5 inches long. He has a tail that starts a good size but about half way down thins out and the tip is stiff and bent upwards. when he walks he over he sort of over extends his leg action sort of in a wheel motion, particularly his front ones. His eylids are droopy although he does seem alert.I do know he was kept on sand, but thats all. oh by the way he's gorgeous with big brown eyes.

i want to take him to the vet but i just lost elliott and i was taking him regularly im not convinced i was given the best advice.However i will get a fecal done. but i haven't seen a poop yet.

i have zocal-D and Reptoboost but i don't want to give him them without some advice or assurance im doing the right thing for him.

Any knowlegable advice will be welcome i would like to do the best for this little one.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Got a picture of this sweet boy ?
Okay so you have a micro-handicapable dragon. No problem there. What specifically is needed for the help?
Is he eating ? How much ?
Is he drinking in the bath, or soaking for a good bit ? (15-20 minutes)
How is his color ?
Do you know if he had a good UVB and whether or not supplements were offered ?
Janie :D

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No pic yet but will asap. i'm giving him good soaks although he's not drinking. He's only eaten a few locust so far but then i will prob have relocation stress on my hands. His colours Dark but not given any idea of his set up. So not a lot to go on. i only received him last night.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Okay, you'll want to give several days for him to get accustomed to you and his new digs ( this is new, yes ?)

What UVB do you have him under, and do you have some Nutrobal for supplements ?
Janie.

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've put him into draco's 3ft tank and moved draco into a new 4ft, draco's Huge so i know the set up is perfect for this little man. i'm in England i don't know if Reptoboost is the same kind of thing as Nutrobal, its a probiotic with a mixture of things for energy.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You are right, that is a pro-biotic, but what I was referring to , the Nutrobal is Calcium and vitamins, and highly recommended :D

Also, the greens you feed Draco would be fine for this sweet boy.

Waiting for some pictures ;)
*I know, I can be a bit of a picture pest ;)*
Janie.

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol ok pics will be sorted asap. I have zocal -D which fits the description. At least i've got somewhere to start thanks for help so far. Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom