Help, crickets got loose! What do I do???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left the kids with a sitter and told them to be careful with the crickets ... Now I'm trying to sleep in my bedroom and all I hear are crickets in my walls by my headboard!! I want to scream!!! Please this is driving me and my husband crazy :(

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
diggerdrake":842be said:
hope they don't find a nice warm moist place to breed

Hah! I don't think there is a nice, warm place in Ontario right now!

Yes, I would keep the temps down in your house, though. I assume they were adult crickets? Crickets will only live so long...

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
oh my god :lol:

sorry, I've never had any escape myself, I'd just keep temps right down and maybe some double sided tape where they tend to congregate? maybe they'll get stuck?

goodluck :puke: eww crickets!

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
all you can do is welcome the occassional cricket on ur couch, or bed, or bathroom. . . embrace the crickets, become a cricket. . . lol sorry that was lame, but there really isnt anything you can do.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Burn the house down. Crickets will find warm sources and live. Mostly around fridges, freezers, cable boxes and stuff that produce heat.

patrickb

Juvie Member
Something that will work with a little success are those sticky mouse/rat traps. Place a piece of dog kibble or orange wedge in the center to attract the crickets. It won't catch them all, but will help to reduce the numbers.

Now, I have to disagree with everyone else on one point, do not lower the temps in your house. This will only serve to prolong their lifespan and whittle away at your nerves even more. Jack the temps up in the house and get those crickets metabolism high. They will chirp more frequently but they will also live for a much shorter time. The goal is to let them die off naturally. Unless you have carpet that is moist regularly or piles of moist dirt in your house (like live potted plants) there just aren't places where the cricket eggs will survive long enough to hatch. They will dry out before that happens.

If you have cats or dogs, their food should not be kept out at all times. This would provide the roaches with a good protein source and keep them alive longer. The less nutrition they can get, the faster they will die off. ;)

dawnki

Juvie Member
h0ndap0w3r":87d04 said:
all you can do is welcome the occassional cricket on ur couch, or bed, or bathroom. . . embrace the crickets, become a cricket. . . lol sorry that was lame, but there really isnt anything you can do.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom