Help confused!!! She just laid eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oran

I just came into the room having been out it for a few hours to discover one of my two girls (apparently two girls!) has laid eggs! Can this happen? Or Does this mean that the vets and breeder got it wrong the other was male? What size should they be if they are fertile? I read before that a female can lay eggs without ever mating is this true?

I am totally confused! I removed the eggs marked the tops and incubated them just incase I was not prepared for this and was not really researching the topic as I thought this was a few moths away at least! she has just turned 9 months old! Any help anyone can give me would be a huge help I am worried about her and I am wondering if these eggs could be fertile? I am so shocked too so not gonna sleep!!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
females can lay eggs even if they have never been with a male.

yes, it is possible your other dragon is a male. have you taken them to a vet? sometimes petstores make mistakes. are you planning on breeding them? if not i would recomend seperate housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom