Help Confirming Dragon is a Barbata/Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My big old boy Puff & even my leatherback boy Toothless had that kind of thing on his tail , 100% Central. I think it may be male central trait.

Dragony

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2ebdwqkw said:
My big old boy Puff & even my leatherback boy Toothless had that kind of thing on his tail , 100% Central. I think it may be male central trait.

Great - so I may have been lied to? Or was his mother just a very diluted hybrid who was different-looking enough to fool me? :/

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If his mother was a hybrid, then the offspring wouldn't have real strong characteristics unless
the father was full or part also.
Only time will tell just how much will come out in him, but his markings are pretty & he is
spikier too.

Tracie

Dragony

Original Poster
Drache613":2dqpa56l said:
Hello,

If his mother was a hybrid, then the offspring wouldn't have real strong characteristics unless
the father was full or part also.
Only time will tell just how much will come out in him, but his markings are pretty & he is
spikier too.

Tracie

Thank you, Tracie :) I look forward to seeing how he will grow, as well! Regardless of how "Barbata" he seems, I think he will strengthen the genetics of my other dragons, anyway just because he is not from all of the high-color lines they are. Looking forward to seeing him grow up!

Dragony

Original Poster
To add to this, I want to make it very clear, his tongue is yellow. And his mouth is in between pink and yellow (has both). I truly believe him to be a hybrid and believe that the dragon pictures before was his mother.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

At any rate, it will be interesting to see his journey of maturing & see what he looks like as an
adult. :D I hope he is doing well!

Tracie

Dragony

Original Poster
Drache613":3ca3pw77 said:
Hello,

At any rate, it will be interesting to see his journey of maturing & see what he looks like as an
adult. :D I hope he is doing well!

Tracie

Thank you, Tracie! He is doing great! He is an extremely hungry/healthy boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom