Help!!! Color change, loss of appetite, etc......

Status
Not open for further replies.

minipumpkin

Hatchling Member
lilo is what its called in the uk, its like kitchen and bathroom flooring and most of the time looks like tiles(very easy to clean and it just wipes off) and tiles are just that.. like garden tiles that you canbuy from a DIY store. you can also use repri-carpet some people use newspaper for younger beardies.

for the baby food i use chicken and butternut squash. you can use any that beardies as eat. look at this web site if your not sure http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

what do you mean by there is a screen between the uvb and the tank? if there is anything between your beardie and the uvb can you change it so that there is nothing and uvb can not pass though glass or plastic.

i weight mine on kitchen scales, just make sure you clean them off after.

one last thing about uvb, tubes stop producing the corect levels of uvb after about 6 months even though they say a year or longer ask anyone on here they should be changed after 6 months as a rule.

your set up looks ok to me just not sure about the uvb but we can find out and the sand is your choice but 95% of people will tell you to change it. in the wild they are'nt on sand either.

its good hes looking better, hope he gets better soon:)

shyestblossom

Original Poster
Great news, Spike is doing much better!!!! He's eating like he's starving, his color is back to normal and he's actually moving around. I got him a stronger heat light and something better to climb (the wood he had was really slick). I started turning his lights off at night and gave him lots of baths. We also took out the sand and put in terrarium carpeting (he loves it). I'll post more pics so you can all see him now that he's better. Now we just have to work on bringing up his weight, and with the way he's eating that shouldn't be difficult lol. Thanks soooooooo much for all the advice, we were really worried and you all helped us realize that with a few little changes we could help him feel more comfortable in his new home, Thanks!!!!!

shyestblossom

Original Poster
Spike is doing fantastic! But here's another question...... How do I get him to be more interested in his veggies????? He eats his crickets like crazy, but hardly touches his fruits and veggies. I was told that he should eat a lot of those.

minipumpkin

Hatchling Member
how old is he? im not too sure when they should start eating more veg than live food. i cant get mine to get veg either so i have a few tricks,
now what ever your live food eats(crickets, worms ect) your beardies eat so i feed all my roaches and superworms on veg which is good for beardies and so they eat the veg though eating the roaches or worms.

another is too not feed your beardie for a few days (mine have gone 6 days they they decided they got hungry enough to eat the veg) and see if it forces him to eat ( for now dont do this as hes under weigth )

beardies like us like diffrent foods so it depends on your beardie, youll just have to find what he likes, i cant find any mine like :(

shyestblossom

Original Poster
He's 5 years old, he should be eating lots of veg. I guess I'll just have to keep trying till I find something he likes.

stangbanger

Hatchling Member
ive had good luck with turnip greens. my beardie was eating collard greens but i gave her turnip greens and now its all she eats

past few days ive been adding some butternut squash to her greens and she seems to enjoy it

shyestblossom

Original Poster
Turns out Spike loves parsley, lol. We've tried a few different things but he devoured the parsley! He also really loves strawberries (seeds removed of course).

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Glad to hear that he is doing better. I noticed in one of the pictures that it looked like he was either in a sink or bathtub, was hard to tell. He looked very stressed in that picture. To help them enjoy and relax in the baths more, putting a small cloth, wash cloth or small towel in the bottom makes a huge difference as it keeps them from sliding around and makes them feel more secure. Just thought I would share that with you.

stangbanger

Hatchling Member
diamc":3lt13fe3 said:
Glad to hear that he is doing better. I noticed in one of the pictures that it looked like he was either in a sink or bathtub, was hard to tell. He looked very stressed in that picture. To help them enjoy and relax in the baths more, putting a small cloth, wash cloth or small towel in the bottom makes a huge difference as it keeps them from sliding around and makes them feel more secure. Just thought I would share that with you.

i bought one of those suction cup shower mats at the grocery store for $10 and it was a great investment...my beardie can walk on it without sliding around the tub, and now i can wash my feet without having to balance on a one foot on a slippery tub floor! win/win...just a suggestion

shyestblossom

Original Poster
Great idea, I actually had a plastic mat that goes in the bottom of the tub but I thought that he wouldn't like it or would get caught on it. Guess I'll leave it in next time! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom