Help!...broken arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XavierCh

Original Poster
yeah thanks i did remove all climbable things yesterday except for his cave...he was able to climb on top of that with minor struggle he ate his salads with no problem...im giving him worms to replace crix for a while so he doesnt have to chase anything

This might sound brutal... But when my beardie was sick, I put crickets in a plastic bag with the calcium, then I'd make them dizzy by putting the bag on the ground and pushing down on the head.. it doesn't kill them, but it slows them down for a while. Probably makes them dizzy or something. Another alternative is to remove the crickets legs.. or just put them in a bag to dust them and shake the bag like crazy. They get calcium EVERYWHERE and that slows them down too. Or you can put them in the fridge a while before you feed them to your dragon. Or you can pick them up on the back of their body holding the back legs against the body and just hand feed them to your dragon. All these tecniques has helped me in the past.

Best of luck

XavierCh

Original Poster
Wow ok thanks alot I'll try it except for feeding it to him...he doesn't let me feed him haha I can have a live cricket in front of him and he won't take it but if I let it go he will chase it ...worms on the other hand he will take from my hand...but thanks alot I will try it

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like he is doing a little better.
It doesn't sound like a break but he probably just hurt his arm. If he is using it a little now & not dragging it along then it is slowly improving for him now.
That is good he is eating some of his food now, also. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

XavierCh

Original Poster
Ok so spike seems to be back to normal now...no limping at all, he catches his cricket with ease again...active again like usual..little bugger had me worried for a second

but heres some pics that i took earlier today ... and a couple of randoms (my iphone doesnt do his color justice)

IMG_0567-1.jpg

this is him earlier today

IMG_0568-1.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is so precious, what cute pictures! :D
How is he doing today? Is his arm doing better then I hope?

Tracie

XavierCh

Original Poster
Yeah he seems to be 100% now...climbing, chasing crickets, basking with ease which is awesome...its crazy how attached i am to him already, he got hurt and i went bonkers lol

XavierCh

Original Poster
Thanks guys...it's amazing how great this site is...I'm glad my spike is back to his old self

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, so he is back to normal now? That is a huge relief then. The things that make us worry ourselves to death.
I am just glad he is alright now. :D

Tracie

XavierCh

Original Poster
Thanks tracie...I'm glad he's back normal too...he's growing so fast and eating so much I just want him strong and healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom