HELP! Beardy lost OUTSIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellar96

Original Poster
Hey Guys,

So Stellar is still not eating. Is this normal?

He is acting a little bit strange (ex. trying to get out of his cage). Stellar is a lot more adventurous now that he has braved the wild for 11 days.

Also, occasionally he will have a black beard in which will go away a few minutes later. Sick? Stress? Mad?

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's probably stress....he went from extreme cold to normal temps. in one day, quite a huge change. Just give him time. Can you post a pic of the vagabond ? :)

stellar96

Original Poster
AHBD":2zlvxq9y said:
It's probably stress....he went from extreme cold to normal temps. in one day, quite a huge change. Just give him time. Can you post a pic of the vagabond ? :)
81163-2404560191.jpg
81163-9481745981.jpg

I have plenty of other pictures, but these are the only ones I could upload :(

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
I have been following your story from the beginning and I am soo happy to hear that you found your little guy! I know how happy you must be!! :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I too, have been following your story and praying you find your dragon. So happy to hear he is home and doing well. I would schedule a fecal for him in the next week or so, since he's been out, he could have gotten some parasites from any bugs he may have eaten on his adventure into driving you nuts.

stellar96

Original Poster
Tonja":3rrhl1gb said:
I too, have been following your story and praying you find your dragon. So happy to hear he is home and doing well. I would schedule a fecal for him in the next week or so, since he's been out, he could have gotten some parasites from any bugs he may have eaten on his adventure into driving you nuts.

Thank you Tonja!

I am waiting for him to eat something so I can collect a fecal from him :? I have notified my local reptile vet and they are ready when I am. IT IS SO EXPENSIVE :x $50....

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Is $50 for the fecal or the exam? If $50 is the exam that's pretty dang good for an exotic exam! I've paid $75, I think my current vet charges high $60's. Fecal I think is somewhere between $30-40, so if that's the fecal cost, that's definitely on the high end :shock:

So glad you found him, btw!

Edit - just saw you're in Canada, looks like $50 Canadian is roughly $40 US, so that's pretty typical actually, I think.

stellar96

Original Poster
JenFid":38fm2z9l said:
Is $50 for the fecal or the exam? If $50 is the exam that's pretty dang good for an exotic exam! I've paid $75, I think my current vet charges high $60's. Fecal I think is somewhere between $30-40, so if that's the fecal cost, that's definitely on the high end :shock:

So glad you found him, btw!

Edit - just saw you're in Canada, looks like $50 Canadian is roughly $40 US, so that's pretty typical actually, I think.

For the fecal. It doesnt say anything about an exam :( I will email them to double check.

Goo news! Stellar was eating today :D He had some fresh dandelion greens, cucumber, pepper and one super worm. I have to admit, it wasnt that much...but he ate!!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
That's great news! They may not have mentioned the exam, with a fecal if all you do is bring in the poo, that's all they'd charge you for (get a baggie ready!).

stellar96

Original Poster
JenFid":11g58ha5 said:
That's great news! They may not have mentioned the exam, with a fecal if all you do is bring in the poo, that's all they'd charge you for (get a baggie ready!).

Good thing I just got payed because it is $50 for the fecal and $70 for the exam. Hopefully I will just need the fecal :D Oh how much I love my beardy :wink:

stellar96

Original Poster
Hello everyone!

I called the vet today to see if there was any news on the fecal. Dr. Hardin will call me tomorrow to discuss the results. Is this bad? Why didn't the receptionist say everything was good? I am worried.

I will let you guys know what he says tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom