Help beardie not eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help my beardie is 2 to 3 months old 10 to 12 inchs and she is not eating and her back left leg has a big bump on it but she can walk normally but something isnt right Ive been feeding her crickets and dubias but now she doesnt eat them that much maybe 5 a day and no dubias and one strip of mustard green And she has a bump on her back and a hard bump in her leg.
108237-3362097093.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb? coil or tube and where is it in the tank or on top of screen? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inacurrate
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I would go get a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb--- change it out and see what he does- start there
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Where is the UVB? On top of screen or inside the tank? This is important
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your tank looks fine you don't want the UVB the whole length of tank what size is fixture hanging in tank now?
Karrie

BeardedPhoenix

Original Poster
The current uvb length is 18 inches and my tank length is 36 inches long, I was thinking of getting a 22 inch hood from walmart and putting that in the tank with a 22 inch retisun uvb bulb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The hood needs a reflector --- make sure it has one--- the T 8 is it directly over him ? Your hood now is half the tank so that is good I would leave it - just make sure its directly over him and approx 8 inches from basking decor
Karrie

BeardedPhoenix

Original Poster
Oh, the uvb has a reflector and it is in the middle of the tank so it gets both ends the end closer to the wall and closer to the opening door thing. So as long has the long light fixture has a reflector I can use it with the reptisun uvb bulb?

BeardedPhoenix

Original Poster
Hello, karrie :( is it bad that the uvb bulbtakes up almost the entire cage. In the picture the bulb is a reptisun 17watt 24 inch 10.0 T8 bulb with some fixture. With no reflectorrrrrr!!!!!!:(it this bad what should I do I love my beardie I dont want her to die!!
108237-6169354734.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
With the reflector is the best -- it will work but you need to move the fixture to 4-6 inches directly over head for it to be of any good ----------- and you dont want the whole length of the bulb over the entire tank - at this point shes not getting much UVB at all even w/ the long tube -- the reflector will maximize the UVB rays that is why I said use a reflector- and if she needs to or wants to she should be able to get out of those UVB rays w/ out having to hide from the UVB--- that is why I said stay w/ the 18" fixture - it has a reflector and she wont haft to hide from the UVB ----
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom