HELP! Baby Beardie fell about 2 feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hi,
I let my baby beardie Hazel out this afternoon and she was on my chair armrest and between there there was a gap from my desk andthe armrest. she jumped and almost made it but didn't. The fall was about 2 feet and she would've fallen almost 3 feet if she catch my pants. She was stunned for like 20-15 seconds and then she was really active not like before, trying to jump off more things that weren't so high. what should I do? I was thinking that maybe she fell she's acting crazy now or what?

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
What surface did she fall onto? You mentioned that she got your pants, was she able to cling on and end her fall there? If that is the case, unless she hit really wierd I wouldn't worry too much. Keep an eye out for any signs of injury though. She might just be a thrillseeker and thought it was fun, so that's why she's jumping off of more things now 🤣. Mine took a liking to jumping out from his cage when it was playtime a couple months back. It is a carpeted floor and a height of about 18-24 inches. I have since trained him to use my hand as a stepstool, mostly because it freaks me out seeing him leap like that 🙃

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
When she almost made it half of her body slammed on my desktop and when she fell, her nails grabbed my pants and th n just crawled down and then she starts running around finding things to jump off of🤣

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
But befor she crawled she was stunned and didn't move for like 10 seconds

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She has been having a lot of stress marks and her two of her toes look a little bit swollen by the nails. She is also been in shade more then basking. She would bask for like 10 mins at max and then go to shade.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Her nails look better when I checked them again

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I will take a pic later because I just got home from school and need to do some things like feed her. She also won't take her bugs she will just eat her kale and beet greens.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing? They are really bad about jumping off of things when they are young, flying off of chairs, etc.
Is she moving around alright, or has she started limping or anything?
I would just keep an eye on her to be sure she continues to have a good appetite. Has she ever eaten any insects?

Tracie

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She has eaten crickets and mealworms. She is still not eating her insects and I saw her limo for a few seconds and then she was Fine. She has been pretty lethargic in the shade though and I'm a bit worried

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today, is she still limping right now?
Remind me of her age again? If she is old enough to brumate, then they will sleep for awhile. If she was sleepy or
laying in the shade or cooler area of the tank before she jumped then she might just be brumating. If not, then I
would definitely watch her behavior to be sure she didn't hurt herself.

Tracie

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She just turned 6 months.
She has been limping on and off
She has been in shade after the fall
She doesn't sleep but she lays on top of her cave in her home
She is doing a little better from the fall
Still doesn't her insects but goes crazy on other things like kale and beet greens and collard greens

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
But today, I haven't seen her limp before I went off to school

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Thanks. It sounds like she is doing pretty well then & isn't limping right now.
They technically can go through a slow down or partial brumation as early as 6 months, but
usually not a very long phase at that time. I would though, keep an eye on her to be sure she
eats or help with her eating so she can get nutrition right now since she is still growing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom