Help! Ants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help.

I woke up to find ants have infested (swarmed) the feeder cricket tank. The crickets are kept in a 10 gallon glass/acrylic tank. Yesterday they were fine. Today there is a solid line of ants coming out by the sink and leading to tank, up side of tank and all over the floor of cricket tank.

How do I get rid of the ants without contaminating my bearded dragon's food supply? I'm afraid to use ant spray on the trail, because what if some escape and make it into cricket container?

In the kitchen I've used bay leaves and peppermint extract for ants before. Are bearded dragons able to safely consume bay leaves or peppermint extract?

How do I keep the ants from making there way around the corner to Jin's habitat?

Jin is a 2 year old 18" inch male bearded dragon.
Be well,
Katie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom