Help! Anal infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awidd

83018-4461645316.jpg
My willow is three years old, lives with her sister. I moved across the country a few months ago and my dad has been caring for them while I was getting ready to fly them out. I just came home and noticed one of them had Layed eggs, and that she seemed to have a blockage in her butt. I bathed her and massages the area-an egg came shooting out followed by a huge poop. But the area still looks blocked and possibly infected. My dad changed the substrate from reptile carpet to "repti bark" while I was away so I'm thinking possible impact ion (the bark was removed the second I got home). But they only eatout of a bowl so I don't see her injesting the substrate although still possible. I can't afford a vet bill right now I am expecting a baby in September and literally just spent $1000 on a vet bill for my rabbit. Any advice?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....for now you can put raw honey on it [ from health food store ] It's a natural antimicrobial/anti inflammatory. I doubt she 's impacted because you saw her pass an egg and the poo. She may have been straining a lot and/or rubbed herself raw while depositing the eggs in the bark. I think the honey will help, but if it looks worse in the next few days you'll be best off having it seen.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome...Use a Q-tip and get it right in to the opening, gently of course. Twice a day will probably be good. I hope Willow will have a quick recovery !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom