Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpacelySprocket

Hatchling Member
Greeting!

I have been hanging around this forum for a week or so while doing some research into BDs. I got a three month old male beardie this weekend and I am very excited! His name is "Sprocket" (as in the dog from Fraggle Rock or the boss from the Jettson's!)

Anyways, I think I am off to a good start! Sprocket's eating well and seems to be settling in. He is going to be a class pet for my 7th grade science class, but I'm keeping him home for a few weeks to let him get used to people first. I have a 40 gallon breeder tank at school for him and a 20 gallon long tank for him at home on the weekends. I just finished installing tile in the bottom of both! I know i'm going to have to upgrade the 20 when he starts to grow... but do you think the 40 will be enough space?

I've had a turtle for many years now, so I know a little about reptile care... but I'm new to lizards so I'm here to learn all the tricks and look for tips!

redn3ckkittycat

Gray-bearded Member
40gal breeders are considered 'minimal' space for an adult beardie. The avg of 6-8 square feet of floor space is what an adult needs. The ideal tank is 4ft by 2ft by 2ft

Ayasha

Hatchling Member
Hi to you both and welcome to BD.org! Depending on the size your dragon gets, the 40 breeder tank should be ok, but might look a bit cramped when he is full grown. For the remainder of the school year though, it should work well. Maybe find a larger one, or build one (class project?) before the new school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom