hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunB

Hello my name is shaun im a 33 year old dad of 2.I have just got the family a 3 foot bearded dragon starter kit. Have not got a dragon yet but cant wait till i can.I have a lot to learn about keeping them,I just want to make sure iv got everything right before i get one.I would like to get 2 really, so they dont get lonley.A Male and a female,is this ok????

Hi! You can get a male and a female, but they shouldn't be housed together. They don'y really get lonely. They can be aggressive towards each other. They prefer human interaction. Just read read read and you'll be up to speed!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
hi Shaun and welcome. You shouldn't house beardies together, especially not male and female. They are not sociable animals and no doubt will fight which can cause serious injury or death. they don't get lonely on their own as long as you handle them every day. a good site for help on care and food etc is :

http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/home.html

ShaunB

Original Poster
would two females be a better idea?would really like two, but i want to do whats best for them.

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Hello and welcome to BD.org!

To answer your question, keeping a pair of beardies together, even female-female, poses a risk. Dragons are territorial, solitary and unforgiving of others in their environment. It's in their best interests to keep them separated. (think of keeping two alpha male wolves in a pen together; it just wouldn't work well). Hope this helps!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
jeserah":2fchy24i said:
Hello and welcome to BD.org!

To answer your question, keeping a pair of beardies together, even female-female, poses a risk. Dragons are territorial, solitary and unforgiving of others in their environment. It's in their best interests to keep them separated. (think of keeping two alpha male wolves in a pen together; it just wouldn't work well). Hope this helps!

i agree

ShaunB

Original Poster
Got my bearded Dragon today a 4 month old Male and he's great ,the whole family love him.he is very frendly and i think he's going to make a great family pet.Thanks for the advice!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
ShaunB":b57ftb49 said:
Got my bearded Dragon today a 4 month old Male and he's great ,the whole family love him.he is very frendly and i think he's going to make a great family pet.Thanks for the advice!

Ah bless. Enjoy your new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom