Hello updated pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoopmommy

Bearded Dragons are the coolest ever, I am soo hooked!

Tsu'tey hit 200 grams and has a New viv! The viv is a custom made melamine enclosure with tile:)

SANY1055.jpg

SANY1063-1.jpg

Hi everyone, for those of you who have read this post won't believe your eyes:) To those who have not read this, I went to look at a dragon off craigslist and found it in a very poor state, he was housed in a 10 gal tank with no uv at almost 2 yrs of age:( he was severely underweight and it was very sad to look at. I took immediately and brought him home this was in April 2nd he weighed only 139 grams I got him a 50 breeder tank, got him set up with proper lighting and temps and on a the very best nutritional meals, vet visit and with the guidance from the members of this forum:) I am glad to announce that in less than 3 weeks he is up to 180 grams and does not even look like the same dragon!

seeing is believing!

575263_10150678262441857_663886856_9670315_1290083_n.jpg

look at him, his belly is arms, legs tail and even his beautiful color:) I honesty can't believe it, that this is the same beardie not even 3 weeks later:)

527441_10150678269691857_663886856_9670344_806559169_n.jpg

Hi I have been waiting for this day to come and it has finally arrived! I Had a beardie about 8 years ago and he was so awesome! He was was my first reptile and I just loved him! I have now moved on in my life and have married a wonderful man who is not phobic of any animal and has always supported me getting another beardie when the time was right.

My beardie I had before was a brown/tan/grey color the "normal" color. At that time there was really no other options but I thought he was soooo gorgeous..LOL! . I have now learned so much and am still learning about all the different morphs and colors now with beardies.

I decided I was going to adopt a beardie that was an adult and needed a good pet home. I looked around and came across a young man who was in College and just isn't able to care for his beardie. I had asked a few questions and gathered that the beardie is female, almost 2 years old and was told she was a normal color beardie. Well, I was in for a shocker when I laid eyes on her, she is absolutely gorgeous I still can't believe that he had no clue what a treasure he really had, I actually felt bad like I was taking advantage of him..LOL:) She is yellow, orange, with some tan and what looks to be a hint of pastel? Of course I am no expert. She is what I truly wanted if I was going to pay retail to a breeder instead of just a re homing fee!

It is so funny because my 4 year old has been looking at picture of beardies and his favorite color is orange and I had told him that I was sorry but mommy wasn't going to get an orange on she was going to get a tan/grey one and it looks like he got his wish! The Terrarium I was suppose to pick up today on my way home from picking her up was not in after I had called to make sure it would be so I am sad she is in a 10 gal tank I borrowed tonight:( I am going to go first thing in the morning and get her a habitat set up she deserves. I did get the heat lamps repti-vite, Adult beardie food, terrarium liner and driftwood 12 crickets and some mealworms tonight at the small local owned pet store right before they closed, thankfully!

Now with all the good here is the bad side,I am not sure what breed of bearded she it? Maybe someone can tell me? I am not completely sure she is female I think it maybe a male:( she is severely underweight for a 2 yr old dragon so I gave her a dozen crickets as her first welcome home meal and also have some worms waiting for her, I am not sure how much I can feed her? I don't want to make her sick since she is underweight and may not be used to eating very much, but boy she chomped all those crickets fast! She also has loose stool/diarrhea, anyone know what I should do to help her? I am sure I have more questions and such but its late and I am tired:) Thanks for listening to me in my day of hype:) TIA for any advice:) Here are some pics!

Dulce

it2-1.jpg

it13.jpg

it1.jpg

shoopmommy

Original Poster
Zeusmybeardie":1y211xvo said:
She looks super skinny and small you will need to fatten her up abit also how long Is she
I know! she's is so tiny I feel so bad for her:( I am worried about feeding her too much but she did go through the 12 crickets in literally 5 mins. should I giver her more food and should I get her a supplement to help her put on weight? I just put her up lol, but I would say she is about 12" long and she is super skinny like maybe 2" wide:( I am so glad I adopted her though she needs a lot of attention!

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Feed her as much as she will eat in 15 mins u should be dusting the Crix with calcium 5x a week and vitamins 2x a week once a day what kind of UVB are you using what's your substrate you might want to get some Pheonix worms or something to fatten her up and r u offering veggies

shoopmommy

Original Poster
Zeusmybeardie":l20m6090 said:
Feed her as much as she will eat in 15 mins u should be dusting the Crix with calcium 5x a week and vitamins 2x a week once a day what kind of UVB are you using what's your substrate you might want to get some Pheonix worms or something to fatten her up and r u offering veggies
I got her earlier today and was like woah girl your skinny, LOL....I did dust her crix today and I am using the reptisun UVB and I have newpaper down in this tank, I am getting the new one tomorrow it's a 45 gal and I have the Zilla Terrarium liner for that, I hear too many horror stories about sand. I will try the Pheonix worms and I did give her some Kale, I will offer her more in the morning:) Thanx so much!

shoopmommy

Original Poster
Zeusmybeardie":172xx8wd said:
Thanks for letting me know how often to dust I wasn't sure:)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, congratulations on your new beardie. He/she is very colorful and even though on the thin side, looks very alert. Since Dulce has been undernourished, it's best to go easy on the protein because you don't want to overdo it, too much too fast is not good and can put a strain on the liver & kidneys. Main thing is to make sure that Dulce is well hydrated and given lots of healthy greens and vegetables. The link that zeus gave you has a wealth of information on it. She doesn't look like she's 2 yrs old but when they aren't given what they need to grow normally, it's hard to tell although her facial features look more like that of a one year old to me, she just doesn't look mature yet.

I would recommend starting out slow on the feeders, see how she handles the 12 crickets you gave her to make sure she digests them properly and look for undigested crickets in her poop for the next few days. You could pick up some Critical Care formula that most pet stores carry and give her some of that each day.

Do you know what her temperatures were like before and if she had a UVB light?

She really is gorgeous and will probably get brighter with each shed. Great that your son got his wish to get a beardie with orange coloring. :p

shoopmommy

Original Poster
diamc":337xads4 said:
Hi, congratulations on your new beardie. He/she is very colorful and even though on the thin side, looks very alert. Since Dulce has been undernourished, it's best to go easy on the protein because you don't want to overdo it, too much too fast is not good and can put a strain on the liver & kidneys. Main thing is to make sure that Dulce is well hydrated and given lots of healthy greens and vegetables. The link that zeus gave you has a wealth of information on it. She doesn't look like she's 2 yrs old but when they aren't given what they need to grow normally, it's hard to tell although her facial features look more like that of a one year old to me, she just doesn't look mature yet.

I would recommend starting out slow on the feeders, see how she handles the 12 crickets you gave her to make sure she digests them properly and look for undigested crickets in her poop for the next few days. You could pick up some Critical Care formula that most pet stores carry and give her some of that each day.

Do you know what her temperatures were like before and if she had a UVB light?

She really is gorgeous and will probably get brighter with each shed. Great that your son got his wish to get a beardie with orange coloring. :p

The previous owner said she was between 1 1/2-2 years old and I she did not have a uvb light and no thermometer! The owner was young and his parents bought him the beardie, I just don't think he knew how to take care of her:(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Perhaps she looks younger then because her face isn't filled out. One my my beardies is 2 1/2 yrs old and looks much more mature although she is a lot bigger. Poor thing with no UVB light and not the right temps. She actually looks good considering.

Are you using the Repti-Sun 10.0 tube? Make sure you're using either an infrared temp gun or digital thermometer with a probe end as those are the only 2 ways to get accurate temp readings.

How is Dulce doing today?

shoopmommy

Original Poster
diamc":9x6fh53p said:
Perhaps she looks younger then because her face isn't filled out. One my my beardies is 2 1/2 yrs old and looks much more mature although she is a lot bigger. Poor thing with no UVB light and not the right temps. She actually looks good considering.

Are you using the Repti-Sun 10.0 tube? Make sure you're using either an infrared temp gun or digital thermometer with a probe end as those are the only 2 ways to get accurate temp readings.

How is Dulce doing today?

your right she probably hasn't been able to grow and mature properly due to malnutrition and poor habitat. Yes I am using the 10.0, is that okay? I am heading out to get her 45gal tank now:)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great that you're getting a new 45 gallon now. Yes, the tube is the one you want. :p

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Aww she/he is pretty! Hope all goes will and you can get him/her back to normal beardy status! I really wish EVERYONE needed a permit to own beardies not just Australia.. There are so stupid people out their that just dont have much brains and they let a poor cute animal such as this get into this kind of state. Just a drivers license you need to learn how to drive.. This should be no different and should learn how to take care of reptiles before you get em :( If you have any vets that do reptiles if you have the money just to be safe i would probably just get her/him checked out along with a fecal test to make sure there are no nasty parasites in her/his tummy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom