hello peeps! need help preparin a home for my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrage4200

i have a 30 gallon right now in my tank, and my friend is giving me his 2 year old breaded dragonf ro 50 dollars. Should i take it or buy one young one at the pet store for 45 dollars. i still wonder. I need to know what equipment and bedding to get, so i need u guys to help me out.

I got a lamp right now with 150 watt bulb, a desert backgroup, a hiding place and a dish for water. My main concern is knowing what bedding and equipment to get. Thanks guys, i am a noob so be nice.

ReptileMom

Hatchling Member
for bedding you could just use shelf liner or even paper towels. if you want the sand look, don't buy the stuff in the pet store get play sand from Lowe's or Home Depot. You NEED a UVB light. Reptiglo 8.0 or a Reptisun 10.0 are the best unless you opt for an MVB. Which you may have to order online, i did. You are also going to need calcium and multivitamins. Reptical and Herptivite are the best i've found. Then you're obviously going to need food. What do you plan on feeding? How well taken care of is the 2 year old your friend is going to sell? Why is he selling? Is he selling anything along with him, or just the dragon? Oh yeah, you are going to need temperature gauges or even better a temp gun to make sure all your temps are good. you also need a basking area, unless your hiding area top can serve as that also.

xrage4200

Original Poster
thanks for the reply, i do have a temp right now. My friend wants to sell it cuz he is gettin out of college and is moving away. so the sand from home depot would be fine for my dragon.

ReptileMom

Hatchling Member
yeah, at that age the sand is fine. it's prewashed and sifted. just make sure for yourself there are no pieces of anything that shouldn't be. usually it's pretty good. did your friend use UV and supplements? what were his staple foods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom