Hello, New to the forum and new to dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo

Hello my name is Kim and I am new to the forum and new to the world of dragons. Though I had some experience with iguanas when I was younger, I decided to do more questioning before selecting a lizard for our family now, and found that Beardies were widely recomended, especially since we have 5 children ranging from ages 5-13, so now we have four of them (and a water dragon). The most recent two are 2-3yrs old (just got them Saturday) Pretty sure we have one male and one female (that is what i was told) they are in a 75 gallon and the other two are babies and they are in a 55gal. The water dragon is in a med terrarium that i bought at petsmart, and then of course there are 2 cats in the home(just addopted them as well) one of which just had a litter of kittens. Probly a good thing we have a big house and i don't work outside the home. Any way just figured i would introduce myself, and all of the family.

Kimberly

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Welcome to bd.org!

Not sure if you know this but beardies shouldnt be housed together its recomended 1 to a viv. They dont like company. They are very territorial and can injure and even kill tank mates. We have alot of members who have beardies who were rescues who had their tails, hands and even whole legs taken off by tank mates.

You will have to post us pictures of your new little ones :D we love pictures!

booboo

Original Poster
Thank you for the information, I have been reading that on here, the lady i got these two from said that they have always been together, which is why i didn't seperate them, I am home all of the time and am going to keep a close eye on them. I am pretty sure that they are opposite sexes though, they aren't agressive twards each other, more like playful. the smallerone (pretty sure is the girl) slowly bobs her head at him in real slow motion, and looks like she is waving at him, then he bobs his head quickly at her, and they sleep right next to each other, however i am checking in to possibly building my own set ups for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom