Hello, myself and my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sang

why hello.

my name is james, i am a local in arizona.

i just got my bearded dragon from tikitiki (http://www.tikitikireptiles.com/reptile) from Darci and chad, they are terrific. i have been wanting one for a while and this time i just couldn't pass, i had a friend offering me a free 40 gallon enclosure if i bought a female to eventually breed with her beast of a male.
i also keep chameleons.

last minute question. like chameleons do beardies lay eggs when they are ready to reproduce, i know they will need a egg laying substrate when that time comes, but will they produce eggs when the female is ready, or is that more of a when she has mated she will produce eggs?
also how do i prepare egg layin substrate.

SO far everything seems well, hydrated good urates poops >.> hates crickets loves roach nymphs. she a hypo from what i understand.

here she is, her name is Cruella from 101 dalmations cause i hope she becomes a monster.* she was shedding when i got her, i believe her shed finished up today*

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hello James & Welcome to BD.org!
Cruella is absolutely adorable :love5: thanks for sharing the pic's. :D

As for eggs.....
It's best to be prepared for her to lay eggs. :wink:
Though some females that never have any contact with males or ones that don't have males in the house may not lay eggs, but some will. :roll: It's really hard to say whether Cruella will lay or not just read up on all of the signs and preparing of lay/dig boxes you have plenty of time before then. :wink:

Again Welcome Aboard! :D

Sang

Original Poster
thanks fresno.

the beardie is supposed to be far easier then the chameleons, but i feel like im slightly struggling with making sure everything is right...my chameleons seem to be easier.

she doesn't have to much of an appetite..roach nymphs only...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
James her appetite should improve once she is over the relocation stress and becomes more comfortable with her new surroundings. Plus sometimes they just don't eat well when they are going thru a shed either.

How many nymphs is she eating per feeding right now?

Sang

Original Poster
strange i thought i had posted in here.

she is eating 6-7 nymphs 1/2"

i offered some silkies today.

Sang

Original Poster
yah she did like the silkies.

6-7 per day...i spoke with chad at tikitiki, he said to give it a few more days, she seems to be finally settling and more willing to eat what i put in.

it looks like she is getting her appetite back, seems to be shy eating in front of me. but had no problems wolfing down 3-4 small silkies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mellzy
Top Bottom