hello Im lilith13, this is Quagmire

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilith13

Hello, I just joined today, mainly to ask a question, but now that I look around I thought Id say hello. Im Lilith and this is Quagmire:
90997-9346770048.jpg

My fiance' Billy acquired Quagmire from our co-worker because they had a female dragon and the two didn't seem to get on too well as roommates. Supposedly our coworker had rescued him from these people who had him living in a bathtub! So then at last he came to us. After a bit of adjusting he seemed to be contented in our home. Billy and Quagmire were best buds, Q would snuggle inside B's hoodie while they watched tv. Unfortunately, we lost Billy in November 2013. So I tried to school myself on taking care of him. I was super proud of myself the first time I cleaned his very heavy house the first time! :)
Anyways that's our story, thanks for reading it.
90997-4515839811.jpg
This picture is when I noticed he was dangling a cricket from his talon, looking rather self satisfied!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Quagmire looks like he's doing well with you. You might find it easier to clean his enclosure if you replace the loose substrate with something solid like non adhesive shelf liner. It's much lighter and you can either spray it down with vinegar/water to clean it or you can just replace it with a fresh sheet as needed.

lilith13

Original Poster
we asked about that stuff a long time ago, the people at Petco said their claws catch on it! :-?
90997-6029804363.jpg

--lilith13

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looped carpet and those mesh hammocks are what to look out for with their claws. I use ceramic tile and it works well but it's a fairly tough surface so I put a fleece blanket over one half which is soft and loopless. No nail catching problems. I don't think you'd run into any issues with shelf liner either, that's a popular option.

lilith13

Original Poster
We actually didn't name him. I heard they named him that because they blow up their chin it looks big (like Quagmire's on family guy) and they do that head bob thing. He never does those aggressive moves anymore though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom