Hello i need help please!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my first bearded dragons on saturday 4/16/16. I have two one girl (Nikita) and one boy (Sypro) ... I purchase them from a friend... So i fed them superworms monday (4/18/16) morning and since then i havent fed them bcuz they are not hungry ... I got worried bcuz my boy Spyro has thrown up 3 times and his beard has been black for the past two days.. I asked the previous owner about it and he said its normal for him to do that but i want another opinion. Please help! here is a picture of him
7xdW8TR1nZEwX53jmEADKZYhl3cZOdikcOouyJPZeJu7l6H96c4gHMF7pDNWI_AeuClLaMRFuG0EHuHwdj2r6MyZHg1soj9ac2xmezm2zYineZIFQmQlbgHdqiXFOAlm_AAZocGPD54bGTjeWulIA1nnMhXGvyi3NmmhMCJpGw80dNXA0v9b_KSdnS-eM27VRQhEy5dScE0RdiUfsg7TJMpq1hmqAb4LTme-Z3NBcIxMwj_6zZCDtBIU3g3tN-Z1ed1BaSBjN9C0ryoZkImnluMBo8NXiHd8L9xap7AZNgXJ9A4o7bmwC8JEYtnprXnawKs7Rjuvj_lZQk4m6RmctzTtvr0fawAC6RUiGsiRpTHLJZc45fpbFPZi_22MkuXPkDNxInhKU-Ev9qrv4kFkPTByjX-HkMejon5nW1u9UKDUf_57U04GWLzXHb-NEja5af7XSZEbg9s6cq4fft0Rh4tcgFpOZNoA57XQ44chtVLdeCdud28HMSkfOkejqcZP-qhi3RzsCl59chd5pQRcmaLJamoBsanu2VI8JXSEeDkOzUKvc7WKj9ifBcIy4VKLucPJ=w369-h655-no

nSRpv1ZAtd2ODvsoXRCc8I7Vnwy-wDCF3QB5y62xlwmqa1J13JpsiAjK8xO9iAWoS0E-AZyOMbFl46dap0yLeY1R5hlG73d3Yql-TnH7d5OwDvTe16cyaei1OcgCg6LIqD2pWA4i5FWrdoyrBCBCkuZN7o3UrIdJhZ0-4umnoNLzoXV5DRL6BDfZ8mgt56iBIqL4wONgzSp55UVkQ1vH6JLSqCBTs2PRbIChdYLdbI2avM_sa1KNQVOEgJy0kJAVz82hoEYWSa8sAcMw2kEi11_MVpNKcFFJtgEhV9t3vRzNKzN-TaQMttQwfjvg5J1lylSbWyHBjRTsLZK6p-0Dq5tryK8B4Q9a4EKrMjeOXO_4mcAuUC6_rvWG7BhH3q1Ckgfn1ouhvh2H2W9Jfan2eS8aG2grMG6wHx8h-6f1TaiqYYvweYa6bDd4IHdlOlqKgpiJ3n0bTFLSbFZb8Xr3ydEDUn-tZF25gu2fyKU1eQTzd8ms4eaiL9W2uMF_15pboLPlqC0fU5k8gkblYRXNuQzobGM423t62S7s92c3nsMuwCiWrIdEEerZlaYw34JvaIzG=w1165-h655-no

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The black beard definitely isn't a good sign. The ralphing isn't either. When you house them together they can cause stress and monopolize resources such as prime basking spots and food. I would first give them their own enclosures.

I also think they're way to small for superworms. For now, I'd offer them small crickets or dubia roaches and Phoenix Worms (black solider fly larvae) and small silk worms. Much easier for them to handle and digest.

Another main component for their health is temperature and UVB exposure. What do you have in place for UVB? What is the temperature gradient in their enclosure? Improper lighting and heat could definitely cause digestion and overall health issues.

cinderelly22411

Original Poster
@cooperdragon the friend i got them from said they are around 2yrs old and they grew up together so they are already used to eachother and the UVB light i use is Reptile UVB 150

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are quite territorial and can become aggressive so I don't recommend keeping them together. The UVB 150 is OK but it has limited output. It doesn't have a very wide output and you'll want to keep it within 6-8'' of the basking area. Otherwise the UVB output drops to an extent that it's useless.

cinderelly22411

Original Poster
@cooperdragon well for the past few days both have them have just been chilling and sleeping next to eachother... They havent been agressive at all.

BG23

Hatchling Member
I would offer them greens daily types are dandelion, Collard, mustard, endive are all great also they might be dehydrated put them in a warm bath with some pedealyte for 15 to 20 minutes also what does their stools looks like? Runny? Or do they hold their form? I would be very concerned about the throwing up make sure your temps are around 100 to 105 in basking area with the cool side of the tank as close to 80 as you can and measure these temps with a probe thermometer or infrared gun. Best advice I can give you is find an exotic vet that deals with reptiles and get them there ASAP. I cannot stress this enough the vet will be able to pin point the problem better than any of us right now. Good luck and keep us posted.

cinderelly22411

Original Poster
@BG23 his stool is normal ... i talked to a vet and he said its normal due to stress of moving to a new environment and that it could take 1-2 weeks for them to get used to their new environment.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Yes that is very true and it's good that they have normal stools the stress from moving can cause diarrhea and since they don't have that then it's good news but like I said offer them greens everyday and also insects if they don't est then no big deal but make sure you at least offer the opportunity. Hopefully it's just stress but I would still be concerned throwing up is not normal for moving stress if I were you I would take them inn to get tests done to make sure cuz you don't want worse problems from not checking I would give it another week or two and if they still aren't eating normal get them checked. Good luck with them I hope all goes well.

cinderelly22411

Original Poster
hello everyone just like to inform you all that i took my beardie Spyro to the vet a couple of weeks ago and it turns out that he had parasites since i only had him for a couple weeks the vet believes that he has had parasites for awhile even before i got him .... i informed the previous owner about this and he said he had no idea which kind of pissed me off because he has a lot of other reptiles and he didnt know the signs?! well anyways i am so glad that Both of the beardies i got from him are in a better home and i am so glad that i rescued them! Spryo is doing very well hes getting bigger and bigger everyday ! thank you all for your advice and help

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear that he's doing better! Hopefully the other dragons in the previous owners care will get treatment if they are infected as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom