Hello! I just started posting today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy28

Hi my name is Sam and I am an 18-year old girl going through college for a Veterinary Technician degree.
It says I've had an account here for quite some time, but I've just recently remembered that my b/f created me one quite a bit ago.

I have 2 cats (Kitty and Smoke) who are more than a handful, and then my baby Juju.

Juju (profile pic) is about 2 years old. I bought him at the pet shop when we was about 3 months old in June of 2007. I think he's a male, but I can't be sure. He's the first lizard I've ever owned and he's awesome! I feel he's happy and healthy, but that I could do so much more. That's why I've come here.

I'm very interested in getting another beardie (to make baby beardies) but I think I still have lots to learn (like what gender and age my beardie is) and how to be the perfect beardie mommy.

Any suggestions are welcome and so are friends!!

-Sam

thebigdc

Hey Sam,
I too am new to this forum and I have two beardies. I also would like to mate them when they are ready (old enough). Do you know how to tell the sex of your beardie? I have done a lot of things for my beardies and they too seem to be happy and healthy. Great to have you here!!!

Sammy28

Original Poster
I think he's a male, but it's only an educated guess. He's 2, so I figured he's nearly full-grown (even tho he's small), but I read up on it and it said to check if he's got bumps on his under-back legs, and if you pull his tail over his body, the.. hole? is supposed to poke out if it's male. so far both things are (from my guess) indicating he's male.

any other better ways to tell the gender?

thebigdc

Yea thats the best way to tell. You lift their tail up to 90 degrees, and if there are two lumps then its a male, and if there is one or no noticeable one, then its a female.

Sammy28

Original Poster
Alright,
from the sources provided, I have determined that my Juju is indeed a guy :blob8: .

*turns on YMCA song* ...ha.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom