Hello from CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a little over a week ago myself, my wife and our 2 daughters (age 4 and 2) were out getting ice cream. My wife had the idea to "browse" through the Pet Smart next to the ice cream shop. 45 minutes later I found myself on our way home a quick outing for ice cream with a baby Bearded Dragon, a cage, lights ........ Well it seems that our little one, Named Ord by our 4 yr old, is settling in good and seems to be getting over the transition stress. The number of crickets and phoenix worms eaten per day is increasing rapidly and is now up to around 35 small crickets and 10 -15 medium worms. Also there is a small amount of greens eaten daily that we buy from the list we found on this site.We give Ord daily baths and handle him (her?) a few times a day.

Now to the set up. We bought the repti-sun 10.0 tube, 2 deep light fixtures - one for a heat lamp and one for general lighting on the opposite side of the enclosure. Ord is housed in an Exo-Terra large low tank that is essentially a 40 gallon tank. I have a digital probe thermometer on the basking spot that i move to check the rest of the cage here and there.

Well that's about it for a start. Have already gotten lots of info from this forum and am already looking at the DIY section itching to start a nice larger enclosure for him. Here a few quick pics.
IMG_20130805_202821.jpg

This is his enclosure just after the lights went out (they are on a 13 hr daylight timer)

IMG_20130805_222217.jpg

This was how he slept last night.

Please feel free to critique my setup. still learning and tweeking it.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
He's adorable! They're so silly when they're tiny :) As far as your set up I can't "see" it too well but from reading what you have and knowing you got the info here...it certainly sounds great! No loose substrate? No colored lights? Do you keep a water dish in the viv? Personally, I don't...most beardies don't drink from standing water and it just tends to raise humidity. I read you're bathing him as well...sounds like you did a great job researching and you've prepared your family for the new addition!

Good job!! Again, he's absolutely adorable! Keep us updated, we love pics ;)

gunkleneil

Original Poster
I'll try to take some better pics. To answer no water bowl. No colored lights, paper towel on the floor. UVB is about 6 -8 inches from the closest he can get and on the inside of the tank. Also he has grown 3/4 of an inch in one week. Was just shy of 6" last monday and today is just shy of 6 3/4"

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Wow!! Great work!! What a happy healthy little fella!! Congrats, and again NICE researching!!!

gunkleneil

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies

Some more pics
IMG_20130806_194242.jpg

IMG_20130806_194230.jpg

and another of his enclosure. You can see his food bowl, basking spot, uvb, and that is a humidity gauge on the wall not a thermometer. also you can see the digital probe on the basking spot.
IMG_20130806_214922.jpg

IMG_20130805_202837.jpg

Sleeping on my hand 3 days after getting him
IMG_20130730_203043.jpg

gunkleneil

Original Poster
Hello all. well Ord is about 11.5 inches now and doing great. growing so fast he seems to be constantly shedding. Heres some more pics
IMG_20130902_224428.jpg

IMG_20130824_132025.jpg

IMG_20130825_092056.jpg

IMG_20130826_210548.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom