Hello for the second time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate2583

My name is Nathan of London Ontario. I signed up on these forums about a year ago in need of help towards the purchase of a bearded dragon. I've gotten all the information I could want on this amazing website and right before my purchase of the equipement I had unexpected bills and had to move.(I used to live in Brampton)

Now I'm back,(hopefully this time for good :mrgreen: ) and I'm getting my dragon!

I remember I was going to purchase the 65 gallon acrylic tank from Glasscages.com, and I was hoping that you experienced breeders/dragon owners could help me with equipment like lights, deco, lamps, food, and tell me the best brands and places to go. Also if anyone from here lives in London ,Ontario they could help me find a bearded dragon breeder and maybe help me with anything.

Thanks.

-Nate.

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
Hi and welcome back :D

Most people on here use either the ReptiSUN 10.0 UVB tube (the most recommended) or the Megaray MVB. Avoid any compact or coil tube. For a basking bulb, you can use a standard household spot or floodlight bulb. I use a 60 watt in a 3ft x 1.5ft viv and the temps are perfect. You will need to do some playing around with your basking spots etc. to get the desired temps. You need a digital thermometer with probes or a temperature gun to get the mopst accurate temps. As for decoration, you will need a basking rock or log and then you can keep your viv as simple or as elaborate as possible but ensure that the viv is not too cramped. I have one log as George's basking spot, a veggie bowl, a worm bowl and a log on the cool side and her bed (a bright pink fleece hat) on the warm side.

The best insects to use as staples are crickets, silkworms, butterworms, roaches, superworms (for adults only) with waxworms given as occasional treats. I would avoid any loose substrate and stick to kitchen towels, non-adhesive shelf liner or ceramic tiles. For veggies, check out http://www.beautifuldragons.com.

Sorry I live in the UK so don't know the best suppliers for you but I would check out online sites as they are generally a lot cheaper. Happy shopping :D

Nate2583

Original Poster
Thank you! Yeah I've been hearing good things about the reptisun 10.0 so I can pick up that. As for thermometers though.. I was thinking one on the cool side and one on the warm side as well as a temp gun to \\for every other area and to check the basking area.. I'm definetly going with ceramic tile because of the easy cleanup. So i got the UVB, the basking light and the substrate, as far as enclosure neccessities for heat and light go thats about it right? My tank is going to be the 65gallon Acrylic from glasscages.com so I don't think im going to need two UVB lights am I? It's good to be back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom