Hello everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tundradragons

Hatchling Member
Hey all I'm obviously new here, lol, just like to introduce myself, names Charles, from Racine, WI. My buddy's name is spike, (I know I know, very unoriginal) unfortunately i don't have any pics right now but will soon enough. I've had spike for about 6 months now, I got him at a local pet store that caters in exotic reptiles mostly.

I've been a reptile owner for over 20 years. over the years I've owned iguanas, boa's, red eared sliders, gecko's, and Anole's, and had a hand in helping friends raise a pair of Savannah monitor's, a handful or leopard gecko's, a scorpion, a water dragon, a California king snake named checkers, and a cork snake.

Other pets i have in my home currently are, 1 painted turtle (mr. turtle) raised by my girlfriend from an egg, and 1 cat (cash).

I'm glad to be here and hope i can learn a lot from you all.

Charles

tbelanger

Hey, welcome! I'm from Milwaukee, WI. It's cool to have someone nearby! What was that pet store's name? I'm always looking to browse stores for something interesting. My b/f and I just got our beardie about three weeks ago now. :)

tundradragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone thanks for the warm welcome,

I agree with ya tbelenger, it's cool to have someone near you when you on boards like these, the pet shops name is aquatic oddities, it's on the corner of wright and washington (hwy 20 for the locals) in racine. it's a small shop he does mostly rare fish but has a odd selection or reptiles also, anything from the "swamp lizards" to frillies and beardies, monitors, snakes, and he might even have a poison dart frog or two. he goes to a handful of reptile shows and will get anything you want for you if it's available for a VERY good price. i paid $40 for spike when petco had beardies listed at 89.99. and my beardie was in better shape then the one at petco. one note, if your going to go. bring your own container. there's bound to be something you like be he usually doesn't have containers to put the animals in for transport home.

last time i was there the owner gave a friend of mine a yellow bellied turtle baby for free for her daughters birthday. :) needless to say i helped her out with a tank and some supplies to get her started out of my collection lol. he also is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the animals he carries.the only bad thing i have to say is that his shop is always under construction lol. he was building a indoor pond while i was there for the front of the shop. he's got some large snapping turtles which are cool to see if you never got up close and personal with something that can take your hand off lol.

But anyhow, it's late and i have to work in the morning.

are you going to sewer fest later this month? it's at south hills country club in Racine i think. I want to go and look at baby beardies lol. i want another one. google "sewer fest" for more info.

nite,

Charles

tbelanger

Ah that sounds so cool! I'll have to tell my b/f about it this weekend and convince him to go down there (gas mileage - blah! :roll: ). I really want another BD too, I've become absolutely obsessed with the citrus BD's and am thinking about one for my birthday in February. We'll see. But I know he is really interested in Frilled Dragons and Sail Fins (which are absolutely crazy cool)!

Oh bummer it's next weekend! I go to school at UW-Madison so I'm only in MKE on the weekends and I have a big Physiology midterm on the 27th ... but I might just pop home for a bit. I don't know if I can resist going to that!

Alrighty, well off to go finish some work and get some shut eye!

Tanya

tundradragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea,

It's this Sunday!!!!! It would be cool to see you there, I'm going to be there in the morning I think, were planning on getting there early, me and at least one of my friends are going to go check it out. it opens at 10 on Sunday at south hills country club in Racine. and goes till 3. they are giving away reptile goodies too in a free raffle. i don't know how long I'll be there.

if you're planning on going the address is 3047 east frontage road franksville WI 53126. (it's in Racine county)

citrus beardies are cool. I'm all about the reds personally. the deeper the better. I'd love to get a frill but the cages they need are so large, and my girl isn't to fond of me having lizards bigger than a anole to start with lol. I just have to build another tank, or make a double stack tank for the pair of them next summer. I want to breed a reptile so I decided to stick to beardies, mine has really been a gentle loving animal.

i am trying to find out if anyone breeds an all black or a black and white beardie, I've yet to come across one online.

is there a way to upload pictures here so i can post pics of my pets?

i have a couple pics of my pets I'd like to post in the forums but i can't seem to figure out how lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom