HELLO EVERYONE... RVRGIRL HERE.... 2 NEW BEARDED DRAGONS....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvrgirl

Hi everyone.
We inherited 2 bearded dragons.
Girl's name is NUBBY
Boy's name is LIGHTNING
What are some of your favorite foods 2 feed your dragons?
How much water should they have?
What type of "flooring" matierial is best 2 have in the tank?
Any other help would be most appreciated...
Thanks in advance.
Heather
AKA RVRGIRL :D

Ryaan

im new here too but i just pulled this up for you, its a nutrition content for bearded dragons telling you all you need to know :D http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
Meat food sources for your Bearded Dragon can include pinky mice (for adults) and insects such as:

* Crickets; pinhead crickets for juveniles
* Mealworms
* Wax worms - high in fat, so feed sparingly
* King worms
* Earthworms
* Cockroaches
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?aid=824 - some good information in there too :)
Water, well if you have a bowl then i suppose you should clean and refill it every day :D
And the "flooring" i will be using as soon as i get my beardies would be Floor tiles, but the ones that can be wiped down and cleaned easily, hope this helps! :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Wanna post some pics so i can see these two? :lol:

Ryaan

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi and Welcome :D
Ok as for feeders I have to change a few tings on the prev. posters list.Pinky Mice really isnt recommended.They carry a high impaction rate and really should if ever only be used for gravid females.I also wouldnt feed earthworms either they really are not too great for them at all.As for the rest yes appropriate sized crix,silkwormms,pheonix worms,butterworms,hornworms,locusts are great staples.I would also stay away from mealworms and make sure that whatever you feed them in regards to high chitin feeders like crix is no bigger then the space between their eyes to reduce risks of impaction.

As for substrate you could go with ceramic or slate tile(no glaze),non adhesive shelf liner(or lino if your across the pond),papertowel,repticarpet are all good substrates.If your beardie is an adult then you can also use fine sifted childrens playsand(non silica).Stay away from reptile sands they are terrible for your beardie and dont use any other type of partical substrates.

I would avoid water bowels because most dont trink from it and it can really mess with your tank humidity.The best way to hydrate them is to give them a 20 minute bath in warm water up to the armpit area about 2Xper week.Be sure to never leave them alone because they can drowned especially when they are babies(another reason not to have waterbowels).

The nutrition link for beautiful dragons Ryaan gave you is great.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello & Welcome Heather to BD.org! :D
How old or big are Nubby and Lightning?
Would love to see some pic's. :wink:

My beardies favorite green is mustard greens.
There favorite veggies are squash of all varieties particularly yellow squash, stingless pea pods, green beans, and bell pepper.
Occassionally they get fruit at which time my clan love raspberries, melons of all varieties, mangos, apple peeled. They do like variety. :)
The link that was given is a great link for getting the basic idea on foods.

As far as substrate/flooring,feeders, and water I agree with Vicky.

Again Welcome aboard! :D

Nyx1900

Hi there! I'm new too. But as far as pinky mice go. If Nubby gets pregnant pinkies will help them keep from becoming victim to malnutrition. But otherwise superworms are great!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Nyx1900":53096 said:
Hi there! I'm new too. But as far as pinky mice go. If Nubby gets pregnant pinkies will help them keep from becoming victim to malnutrition. But otherwise superworms are great!
Well yes they can be used for fat intake for gravid females however there are more nutritious things out there that can help build up a female that has just layed eggs.Hornworms are actually great for that as well as rehydrating them and those cupled with silkworms and supers would bounce a female back in no time as well as replenish her nutrient levels.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Nyx1900":2bb7e said:
Ok thanks, I'll keep that in mind! ^.^ I'd really like to breed my Thanatos.
Just had to say I love the name :D
How did you go about picking it?
Just in case you didnt know it means death in greek and in ancient greek he was the mythological demon of mortality.Just a little tidbit of info :wink:

Nyx1900

quote]Just in case you didnt know it means death in greek and in ancient greek he was the mythological demon of mortality.Just a little tidbit of info [/quote]

That is exectly why I picked the name! I have a weakness for mythology and Thanatos has always been the most alluring demon to me. (Not to mention my twisted sense of humor hehe :lol: )
It is very very cool that you noticed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom