Hello everyone :) My son is a proud new Beardie Dad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Hi there !
I figured I'd say hello and post a pic of the new baby. My son is turning 14 in a week and this was his birthday gift. His friend has one named Steve, and we already had most of what we needed so the initial expense was kept down.

This is actually Beardsley2 - the first one died unexpectedly after 2 days and we aren't really sure why. I got some helpful ideas though from a different post here (thankfully - nothing we did wrong that we are aware of). We were devistated ! My son had become so attached in two days - it's hard, but he also loves Beardsley2.

Anyway ...
I wonder what color he'll end up being. we're fairly sure it's a boy - the typical two ovals on the base of his tail are visible - but he's still young so time will tell.
We're a bit nervous after our unfortunate experience - and hoping for the best ! Though I can say, this one seems more curious and moves around the enclosure more. It is tasting everything ! Kinda funny to see it stick out it toungue and lick anything it comes up to. We've bathed it and it drank a lot of water with a syringe dropper and didn't want water when offered today - so doubt it's looking for water. It's eating about 4 crickets per feeding - and appears to have eaten it's veges. But we weren't home so not positive. But not sure where they would have gone other than being eaten.

Beardsley2light_zps137dbc1c.png

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I know we've talked a bunch in your other post, but... WELCOME BEARDSLEY2 :D I know you and your son will do a great job. Just a quick thought - you are offering more than 4 crix at a time, correct? He is probably just going through some relocation stress, so that should step up quickly.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, he eats as many as he wants :) and we are offering more. We do leave the extras in the tank incase he is camera shy and waits until it's quieter. Right now it's around 4. Looks like he ate some of the greens and squash today. I made a small tray of finely chopped green beans, cooked butternut squash, collard and kale. About 1/2 is gone. I'm hoping by the end of the week he's less stressed and will eat more insects. He likes to hang out either on the edge of the "rock" water dish or on his basking log, though of course he made a liar out of me and was sitting on his hide this time. Don't want to add too much stuff right now so he can get at the crickets easier. Here are two more pics I just took (got sent home from work b/c I'm not feeling well and am stubborn and go anyway)

beardsley2-2_zpsaac2aa35.jpg

beardsley2-1_zps5b97421f.jpg

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I tend to take out anything a cricket could hide in at feeding time, just because cricket bites can cause pretty nasty infections. If they can't hide, I can't miss them when I take the leftovers out. :)

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I do leave some potato or other item for any left over crickets to eat for the time being to deter them from munching on Beardsley. Once he's eating better the extras will be removed. :)
Good idea on removing stuff - right now there are just three items in there so it will be easy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom