Hello all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiwan

First i would like to say hello to all the Beardie owners out there. My Beardies name is Nibbler and he is going on 2! I have joined BD.org because over the past few months it has been very helpfull to me, the information shared here is solid and the people here really do care about there critters. I have recently had a very common problem, an eye infection due to playsand. I have had no problems at all with this stuff but am now a firm believer that it is not good. And in my research believe that i have found one of the best solutions possible. There is a new product on the market called FOREVER LAWN, it is a synthetic lawn that looks and feels like real grass and comes in many variety's. This stuff makes an excellent substrate for a Beardie, at least in my opinion. It is durable, holds heat, easy to clean, and will last for a very long time, it's even machine washable for those of you who like to really clean out that Viv. I got a piece of scrap at a landscaping store and cut it to fit in my Viv, got it for $20 and i'll have it forever. Nibbler loves it, he can borrough a little spot to sleep at night, if he takes a spill from his branch it offers a nice soft landing, and it's clean and safe. I hope this helps anyone who is wondering about a good substrate and hope to have some photo's up soon.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site.
I will look into that grass stuff you talked about. See what its all about.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Eee Holy cow that looks like real grass lol. Does how tall the grass is seem to irritate your beardie?

I'm just weary of the chemicals used to make it...

-Brandon

odiwan

Original Poster
So far he has had no iritation problems. They do actually make a k-9 pet mat made for the inside of pet carriers. It is more pet specific and is anti microbial, it is a little expensive, i'm going to look into it further. As far as i know the stuff is completely safe for kids and pets, it's made by dupont and is being used on playgrounds. The website does have more info about K-9 grass, check it out it's really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom