hello all, brought a new friend home yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sly

Hatchling Member
Its been a long time since I last logged on, and a lot has changed, mostly for the better :D I went to ( insert unholy pet store name here) and picked up Glitch, my first beardie yesterday! He's so tiny, and a lotta orange compared to all the other normals I saw there. He's already waving at me and doing the sexy legs all over the place haha. Right now he's just basking and staring at me like usual lol. He has even devoured 14 Crix today! Such a hungry guy for someone as big as my thumb lmao.

I plan on starting a pic/journal thread, but not sure where to do so. Any suggestions or questions welcome!
lPuX1Jd.jpg

Merry met and blessed be! And sexy legs a-plenty!

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Welcome! You need some sort of photo sharing site account to post pictures. It doesn't have to be photobucket - I use imgur.

Sly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Make that 7 lol... is 21 in one day too much for a baby dragon?

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Nope! You should be offering him as many crickets as he will eat in 10-15 minutes 2-3 times a day. That usually is upwards of 50 a day. Nothing bigger than the space between his eyes, by the way.

Sly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got 36 smalls, I just figured he would have a weak appetite for a couple days. I'm fairly sure the pet store wasnt feeding that much or that often. But I think 26 in the first 24 hours is pretty good lol, but I really have no idea. But the good news is I think the reptile guy at the pet smart snuck me about double what I paid for in Crix bc the bag is still full after 26 down lol.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Yea, 26 is a good start, considering that some don't eat anything for a week with relocation stress. His appetite should only increase :)

Sly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So 5$ a day to look forward too haha, I'll need to cut down on monster energy drinks and cigarettes lmao

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Haha yea. You might want to look into ordering in bulk online, or starting a dubia roach colony. Will definitely cut down costs down the road. By the way, make sure you aren't smoking around your beardie - it can cause serious respiratory issues for them rather quickly.

Sly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I smoke outside only :) and aren't dubs too big for a lil dragon? Glitch is tiny tiny... idk I'll have to research more into a cricket colony, he's too small to eat anything other than small crix.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
No, dubia come in so many sizes, you would be fine. In my colony, the newborn ones are MAYBE an eighth of an inch long, if that. I'm sure even for a tiny beardie, small roach would be just fine. That's one of the best things about them - they go from itsy bitsy things all the way to 2 inch long adults.

Sly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh wow! My room mate would trip out lmao! I'll look into colonies soon I'm sure, bear dies eat like I do: aloooooot haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom