Heating problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBabi

I have been having heating problems with my tank, I have an adult Beardie and he has a 40 gallon breeder.
His basking spot is only 4-6 inches below his heating lamps and the lamps are sitting on a mesh top, but I can never get the basking spot hot enough.
I just bought a digital thermometer and the temp in his basking spot reads 81.4. Yet I have not one but 2 100 watt heat bulbs about her.
In the past, when I had a much taller tank, the heat lamps would sit on top of the mesh and I would use 1 100 watt bulb and 1 50 watt bulb, and her basking temps would be 100-105.
The bulbs are pretty new, but I'm on my way out at the moment to get new ones just in case.
Just wondering what the problem could be :/

i'm new here so definitely still learning but i have had the same probs with my 40 gal. putting a towel over the end without the lamps has helped to keep my aquarium warmer. keep us updated on what works for u

RedBabi

Original Poster
Thanks! I bought a new 100W basking light to go with 100w heat light, and put a towel over the other end of tank. Her basking spot is now reading at 104! :) ladies and gentlemen, we have a happy beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom