heating options for dubia roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunatix

I went to wal-mart and picked up a 22 gallon tote, but now when i look for a heater it seems like you cant but anything under plastic. So I was wondering what those of you that have roaches are useing, pictures would be great. Thanks in advance.
Jeff

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
My trip to walmat consisted of a 30gln Sterilite and a $19 heating pad in the icy hot/band aids section. Now it is gunna be hard to find one that stays on since most have the auto shut off at 2hrs. But there is some I couple people bought theres at Walmart but they dont carry it anymore in the stores it seems like. New safety thing i guess. The other way to go is an UTH reptile heater a 10-18gallon one is the one to get and it shouldn't melt the plastic basically nothing over 15-16watts you shoud be fine but here is more info.
This is from another Dubia topic
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=93177&hilit=
"I always recommend human heating pads, as they are safer and can be self adjusted (depending on model). They can be had for around $15 at Amazon.com. Mind you, it must remain on 24/7, so those with an auto shutoff feature are no good.

I couldn't tell you specific brands of reptile UTH's, but anything putting out less than 15watts of heat in a 10" x 12" surface area should be safe for a plastic tote thats 20 gallons or larger in size."

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
Goodfind!!!!
This one doesnt have the auto shut off discription, i thinking doesnt say it and the others do, Keeps the temps pretty good in there?
The one i have i gotta keep turning on every two hours, i'm gunna buy this one, and give it a try.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
there is one similar but it has the auto-shutoff ... make sure it doesn's say auto-shutoff on it
not only that it is on sale LOL

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
diggerdrake":28369 said:
there is one similar but it has the auto-shutoff ... make sure it doesn's say auto-shutoff on it
not only that it is on sale LOL
Okay so check this out its 12.99(14.99reg) on the net right, But than 5 something to ship. My lady was going to store when i read the post. So i told her to look for it she found it but said it was 15.99, I'm like well thell them its cheaper on there site, She hates doing that stuff, but i was like just ask, calls me back an says I got it for 10 bucks. So you guys might be able to do the same. Its Model 531. GREAT FIND GREAT :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom