Heating Dubia.............help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
I have a dubia colony that is currently being heated by being stored over my tanks, this keeps the colony warm…..but not warm enough. Before I was using this technique I was using one of those under the tank heating pads that was left over from my foray into keeping frogs…..that gave off about 2 degrees of heat.
There are many many different ways listed on this site to heat them, but there are almost to many choices. I went to the store to look at heating pads and they had 16 different kinds! So here’s my question, does anyone know specifically what they used? Anyone get their heating implement online where they can just tell me they got such and such on suchandsuch.com?

I know it seems lazy, but I’m at my wits end trying to figure out what to use. I don't want to buy a heating pad (reptile or human one) just to find out it also gives off just 2 degrees. Thanks!

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just got an order of 1,500 to add to my colony..........hopefully it's true that if you get enough in there they eventually start heating themselves.......

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
Just get you one of the heating pads from your local pharmacy that doesnt have the "auto off" feature. Just set it on low and place underneath your bin opposite the side you feed on. Works great!

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
koiboydavid":d81d7 said:
Just get you one of the heating pads from your local pharmacy that doesnt have the "auto off" feature. Just set it on low and place underneath your bin opposite the side you feed on. Works great!

Could you describe your setup: What size bin are you using, and what are the ambient temps? ...temps inside the bin? Also, any insulation on the bin?

AutopsySoldier

Hatchling Member
I got a heating pad from CVS, it was their store brand for $15, has 3 temperature settings "Low, Medium, High" and doesn't have the auto-switch off that every single one that I saw at wal-mart or Target have. It get's the ground to about 94-96F don't know what ambient temp is, but it get's nice and warm in there.

dociledragons":3e6da said:
I purchased a used one off of ebay for 7 totol.. It has three setting. i use the medium setting.
HAHAHAHAH thought your little bug on your pic that moves was on my computer and i tried to smassh it with a shoe and messed up my computer hahahahah its cool tho it was warranty

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I ended up finding a reptile heating pad in my box of reptile extras. So i'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom