Heating and Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Hello ok so I have a question for those who may know the answer.

Im looking for people to tell me what temps their bearded dragons seem to enjoy and do best at?

I have been finding that if I try to keep Ruby between 95-100 she takes off to the cool side of her tank and will NOT go anywhere near her basking spot (except for like 20mins in the am when she first wakes up) I have been doing some research about temps in their natural habitat and it seems the temps only reach 95-100 for like 2 months of the year. Ruby will only bask and move between cool side and basking as I have read is their "normal" behaviour in the wild when her temp is No warmer then 93 degrees soooo I guess my question is what are your temps and has anyone done some research on this? Also if her temps get too warm her poop turns kind of runny as well when I lower the temps (which I no longer try to get above 93) her poops go normal. Just wondering if some of the information out there is correct or not when it comes to temps as I have found a few friends with beardies that enjoy lower temps more then higher temps as well. Thanks for any input either way :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Naughtica will not bask no matter what if the temp is over 99. So I try to keep her temps at 96-98.
Naughtica is nearly 6 years old.

Kiki doesn't like it when it gets over 108, but seems to like it right at 106.
Kiki is about to turn 1 year old.

It's a lot of trial and error finding what temps your dragon likes.. lol :)

-Brandon

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Tha ks Brandon that's kind of what I figured to me the info for beardies should read "try temps between 90-100 as it seems most beardies have Very different preferences. I've been doing the research for the rescue (that has formerly named Trinity) as she has had several people that have adopted beardies ask her about why their beardie wasn't basking and she was of the same thought that every beardie is different and some like it cooler but All the reading on beardie care sheets says to keep them between 95-105 and there is NO way Ruby would tolerate temps that high!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I know what you mean.
I think the general guidelines are ok, its just people need to realize that its just that, a guideline, and they should adapt it to the needs of their dragon.

-Brandon

RubysMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah agreed it's jut tough for first time owners to know they need to take the time to monitor behaviors and temps! For Most owners that's even too much to ask (not everyone is a diligent educated pet owner!) hence all the sick beardies we seem to see! On a side not I've been Super pumped to start harvesting my dandelions in my yard for Ruby (we don't use any chemicals in our yard and we live on acreage and neither home on either side of us uses any chemicals either) ive got a few good bunches growing lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom