Healthy weight? Idea of age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, about a week ago I got a bearded dragon from PetSmart and they said it was about 4 months old which I am having trouble believing. She is currently 6 inches long and according to my postage scale weighs 8 grams.

I was wondering if this weight is appropriate for it's size? If it seems extremely unrealistic then it could be my scale, but let me know what you think either way!

I was also wondering if you guys had any sort of idea about how old my dragon is based on this small amount of information.

- I am having trouble getting the pictures from my phone to my computer, sorry for that. -

Thanks!
Sincerely, Anthony.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
If you're not sure about your scale you can put something you know the weight of and see if it's accurate.Mine was 2-3 months (so they said) when I got him in Sept (like you @ Petsmart) and he was about 6 inches but I didn't have a scale until Dec. I had trouble with pic too until i emailed them to myself from my phone. Then I could post them.

AnthonysGotMilk

Original Poster
illuminis":3ouexw9j said:
If you're not sure about your scale you can put something you know the weight of and see if it's accurate.Mine was 2-3 months (so they said) when I got him in Sept (like you @ Petsmart) and he was about 6 inches but I didn't have a scale until Dec. I had trouble with pic too until i emailed them to myself from my phone. Then I could post them.

That was a good suggestion, looks like my scale is up to par. 6 inches and 8 grams it is.

BG23

Hatchling Member
Just got back from the vet today and my female sliptornavich few months under a year it 17 inches and weighs 406g
85583-5533880047.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AnthonysGotMilk":2vvg2p7d said:
Hey, about a week ago I got a bearded dragon from PetSmart and they said it was about 4 months old which I am having trouble believing. She is currently 6 inches long and according to my postage scale weighs 8 grams.

I was wondering if this weight is appropriate for it's size? If it seems extremely unrealistic then it could be my scale, but let me know what you think either way!

I was also wondering if you guys had any sort of idea about how old my dragon is based on this small amount of information.

- I am having trouble getting the pictures from my phone to my computer, sorry for that. -

Thanks!
Sincerely, Anthony.
8g is very small.

Puff and Rex were 8g and 7g at 6 weeks old. And Puff was 65.5g and Rex was 77.5g at 4 months old.

Toothless and Peppa were 11.1g and 13.9g at 5 weeks old. Today Toothless and Peppa are 3 months old and came in at 60.6g and 51.1g.

I would question it's being 4 months old, more likely it's 4 weeks old. I suspect the shop has told you a porky, unless the breeder or the shop has literally starved it for it's entire life until you bought it. .... pet shops..... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom