Healthy belly? Or Too Big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLeo

My beardie Ig has a ferocious appetite for both crickets and his salad. He has been developing a "gut" lately and Im concerned if it is healthy or not, as well as if it is normal. He gets 30-50 crickets a day dusted every other day, Romaine lettuce, cabbage, newly introduced watermelon every other day.

Pictures below:

This is his recently developed gut from an upper angle hopefully it gets the general idea across
85159-1778941010.jpg

This is Ig before the tubby tummy development
85159-3860732005.jpg

Upon request I will post a better picture of the actual distended stomach itself, I just do not have one currently.

I believe a big belly is fine if Ig is still active and alert.

Copper has a good sized gut, but she is still really active and loves to run around.
84861-8757391902.jpg
Just make sure Ig doesn't get too fat, 'cause being too fat is unhealthy. Just look up fat bearded dragon on Google images, and make sure Ig doesn't get THAT fat. :lol:

As Bearded Dragons grow they'll get bigger bellies, it's only natural. The reason they do this is so they can get more heat from the sun in the wild (bigger surface area). There's nothing to worry about here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom