head bobbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher28

Hello.. I have two beardies Rosie and Augie. They live in two seperate enclosures however they do see eachother often. Augie is about 5 months and Rosie is about 4 months but do to sickness Rosie was a bit delayed in the growth however now she is doing amazing so Augie is bigger. We dont let them out together because when we did about 2 months ago Augie tried to eat Rosie's head so needless to say we dont want a repeat of that. Ever since then anytime Augie see's her when he is in his tank he becomes aggressive, puffs out his beard and repetitively tries to run through the tank walls to get her, and she arm waves. However, lately, he now puffs out his beard, it goes very black and he head bobs like crazy, really going for it, and she ignores him. To me it seems like he is now trying to impress her. I am not planning on letting them near eachother, however I am wondering if because now that he is older, he wants to mate and/or impress her.... Rosie doesnt really seem impressed, she was more occupied with the cricket she saw in his enclosure.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
All mine go nuts when they see another dragon in the territory - they all live in vivs stacked up in the living room, and each gets to have a run around outside their tank one at a time on an evening.

This will kick off an array of glass dancing, bearding and bobbing that's pretty hilarious to watch - from both the insiders and the outsider.

fisher28

Original Poster
hahaha yes that is basically what happens in my house and then the dog comes running in and wants his attention too! lol gotta love them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom